🍼missing;;chanyeol🍼

PARK household//9:54 A.M

"WHAT'S WRONG with her, Chan?" Winslow asks over the progressively louder crying from Kitana as she steps away from the counter and look down the hall and in the direction of her nursery. "Is she hungry?"

"No, She..." Chanyeol hesitantly takes a seat on the couch and lets out a deep sigh.

" Chanyeol hesitantly takes a seat on the couch and lets out a deep sigh

"Her purple elephant is missing again. I can't find it anywhere. Have you seen it?" He looks back as Winslow shaking her head. "No luck here. I've only been to work and to bed. Where did you last have it?"

"I dunno..." The frustrated father murmurs, standing from the couch. "My Calvin and Hobbes is missing as well. I seem to be losing everything lately. I'm going crazy. It's making me turn into a psycho. I'm going to lose everything. Make sure Tana doesn't see me get taken to the psych ward..."

"Chanyeol...You're overthinking. She's one. She'll forget as soon as she finishes breakfast. So would you please go get her so she can eat and stop this crying fit she's having? Quit being so hard on yourself. You're not responsible for everything." Winslow kisses his cheek and pats his back as he turns around with a slouch, shuffling back to Tana's room. "Yes ma'am..." He mumbles.

Although, getting through the day, even with Winslow's reassurance, wasn't all that easy. Kitana was a grump. Literally all day.

She refused to eat, take her nap, and mostly cooperate throughout the day. Tana's usually a calm and tame baby, but today was a different story. She became a living hell for both of her parents. And the only thing Chanyeol could've thought was that everything was his fault, completely disregarding Winnie's words.

But maybe this is normal baby behavior, and they just weren't used to it at all. They just hope all of this was temporary.

"All of this over a purple elephant. I'm upset we've never noticed she had this much potential to be a devil-baby..." Chan sighs, wiping the baby food off of his face that Tana had splattered all over. Hm. She usually ate her peaches. "It's eight-thirty. She should probably get to bed since she hasn't taken a nap. She's grumpy..."

"Okay, come on, girlie." Chanyeol lifts her from her chair and holds her in his right arm. She lets out a small yelp and rests her head in between his neck and shoulder. "So you are sleepy, you brat. Don't wake us up at three in the morning because you're hungry. Of course I'll feed you, but...." He shakes his head and sets her in her bed, taking a seat down in the rocking chair and picking up a random book. "I don't have my Calvin and Hobbes so we'll settle for something else, okay?"

 "I don't have my Calvin and Hobbes so we'll settle for something else, okay?"

"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories...Hm, this really isn't it, is it? Is this for children? It looks creepy.." The father mutters with a slight head tilt. Of course, that was only before the infant took it upon herself to throw a frozen teething ring directly at his eye.

"Kitana! Ow!" He belts out in pain and frustration. "Y'know what, we're finding that elephant right now. Neither of us are sleeping until we find it, okay? I'm tired of this little attitude of yours. You're to tiny to have such a big one." Yeol takes a look back at her to see her crack a smile and a chuckle at his outbreak.

"You think this is funny? It's not! I could've lost my eye just then. The smell of smushed peaches is forever engrained in my nose, girl! It's not funny. It's not." He crosses his arms, just watching her laugh and giggle at him like he was the idiot. And maybe he was.

"I'll be back." He grumbles, marching towards the door that had been knocked on, followed by a ring of the doorbell. When he opened the door, there stood Junmyeon with Tana's purple elephant and his Calvin and Hobbes.

"I meant to do this sooner, but I was working." He starts off.

"Where were they?" Chan asks through closed eyes and gritted teeth.

"Hm? Oh, you left them at my house on the coffee table. You were so worried about everything else that you forgot the important stuff, I guess."

"You know wha

"You know wha....Thanks, Junmyeon.."

• • •