★milk//jongdae★

a very pointless chapter tbh)

9:35 A.M//Jongdae, Jessa, and Brandon

"She's dreaming..She's dreaming~" Jongdae softly sings to himself as he slid the purple oven mitts onto his hands to get the muffins out of the oven. Turning around to place the sheet on the counter behind him, he gets greeted by the warm presence of Jessa and the newborn in her arms. "Morning, Dae."

"She's not dreaming anymore! She's awake!" He jokes with a wide smile. Shuffling around the island in the middle of the kitchen, Jongdae carefully places his arms around the both of them.

"Good morning, sunshines! I made breakfast for you, mama. What're you up to this morning?"

"Huh? Oh.." Jessa chuckles nervously, flipping her brown locks off of her shoulder. "Well, my main plan is to finish the paper I missed when I was pushing a child out of me.."

"Yahh

"Yahh..."

"What? You don't like my plans?"

"Can't you write a note? You're working too much, you just gave birth. Usually, when mothers give birth, they have maternity leave..Don't they do that in college?"

"I'm sorry, but no...I have to focus on both Brandon and school, y'know? It may be hard but I'm doing it for the both of you.." She shrugs and rubs Brandon's back. Dae lets out a soft sigh and nods. "Okayy..Can I help with anything?"

"You can help me by feeding our son?"

"Huh? Doesn't he suck on your tit or som-"

"Jongdae..." Jessa sighs, pinching her eyes shut and shaking her head. "I used the pump thingy so he doesn't have to, his bottles are in the fridge." She carefully places the newborn in Dae's arms before slowly pacing back to her laptop placed on the kitchen table.

"Alright, little guy, I know you're hungry so I'll feed you..Mommy's busy, so you're my responsibility for right now." He opens the fridge and pulls out a small bottle. "Do I have to.." Closing the fridge, he looks back at Jessa at the table. "Do I have to warm this up?"

"Preferably, yes. Not too hot. Use your wrist to check the temperature." She replies without looking up from her screen. "Okay....I guess I'll do that..And while I do.." He speeds his way over to the living room. "You can chill here, bud." Jongdae sets him down in his bouncer and quickly heads back to the kitchen to finish the bottle.

"It all looked so simple...This is very complex."

"Just use the microwave, Jong."

"Right." The already confused male twists open the cap of the bottle only having the entire bottle drop on the floor. "Ohh noo.." He sighs, looking over at the crying baby who had gotten startled by the loud noise. "No no no, Don't cry over spilled milk, it's okay!" Jongdae picks Brandon up and bounces him up and down, patting his back.

Averting his eyes over to the female who tried her best to avoid his gaze, a big grin creeps upon Jongdae's face. "You wanna breastfeed, Mommy?"

"Yeah, bring him here." She widens her arms out for the infant. "Thanks for the help, though."

"I could help more, just don't put me on milk duty

"I could help more, just don't put me on milk duty..."

★ ★ ★