Chapter 3 // The Morning After

Alyssa's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I groaned. Light was streaming into the room through the blinds, which had unfortunately woken me up. I sighed, and rolled over, hoping to lull myself back to sleep. I snuggled back into my pillow and slowly felt myself falling back to sleep, until I heard a loud snore echo from beside me. My eyes popped open.

Sleeping across on the other side of the large mattress from me, was the tranquil face of Auston Matthews. I blinked. What the hell? Then all of the sudden last night's events came rushing back to me and I flushed. Oh right. He snored once again and I was pulled from my thoughts. I couldn't help but stare at the boy laying next to me. His hair was messy from sleep but not in an unruly way. His facial expression showed a sign of peace and his eyes were lightly closed. The colour of his skin was slightly pink from sleep and I noticed that his lips were actually quite plump due to his mouth be agape. He almost looked pretty in a weird way. He was extremely handsome in general but while he was asleep he gained a certain air of softness.  

I quickly shut my eyes and twisted my body when I noticed his eyelids tighten. I could feel him shuffling the sheets as he rolled over. I heard him groan a bit and the mattress lifted up from his weight as he sat up. I could feel him staring at me as he sat up against his head board. I tried to keep still but I was losing the battle. I was thankful however when he shifted and got up and out of bed. I heard the door of his ensuite close shut and I sighed.

I felt slightly embarrassed. I mean it was his idea, but I didn't overly like the fact that we had shared the same bed. When he originally offered I assumed that he meant that he was going to take the couch. But when he crawled into bed shortly after me, I didn't have the heart nor the motivation to say anything. I guess I could've moved throughout the night but I hadn't bothered. I didn't want to offend him.

"Hey, how're you feeling?"

I turned my head and noticed Auston had re-entered the room.

I quickly sat up and smiled slightly, "Oh, I'm okay, I just have a bit of a headache." I told him honestly.

"Yeah I feel you on that one. Did you at least sleep okay?"

I flushed, "Oh yeah, it was fine."

He nodded. I pursed my lips

Commence awkward silence.

Auston folded his lips into a firm line and stuffed his hands into his sweat pant pockets.

"I'm just gonna,"

"I'm just gonna,"

We both stopped our sentences and he chuckled slightly. "I'm going to go for a run. Mitch and Steph are still in his room, so I'm not sure what you wanted to do,"

I nodded. "Maybe I could see if I could borrow Mitch's shower," I said, hoping that maybe a quick shower would make me feel better.

"Sure. But like I said I think they're still sleeping. You could just borrow mine if you wanted. I think there is still some of that bath and body works crap that you girls seem to love underneath the sink," Auston told me.

I gave him a funny look, "And you have that stuff because?"

He looked confused until he seemed to have realized what he had just said. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Now before you throw any accusations at me, the stuff belongs to my sister. Alex stayed here with us for a bit a couple weeks ago."

"Oh, okay." I replied, "It was no big deal regardless, I was just curious," I continued as I shrugged my shoulders.

He just shook his head as he turned to exit the room, "Everything you'll need is in there."