Chapter 7 // The Hockey Stick Conundrum

Alyssa's POV

"I can't believe we're leaving today," I muttered, as I dropped my last bag of luggage off at the front door.

Padding down the long hallway, I sighed when I plopped down onto my soft, leather couch. Mitch gave me a look as his body was thrust up and back down from the shift of weight on the sofa. I had interrupted whatever he had been doing on his phone. I was currently sitting in my living room back in Burlington. Steph and I were leaving for school today. She was currently on the phone with her parents, and had been for close to thirty minutes. This left me and Marner alone to sit on my couch. He had decided to come back to London with us to make sure we got settled in okay.

As usual, my lonely house was vacant. My mom was still away in Vancouver on business, and probably wouldn't be back until next week. It felt like I hadn't seen her in years. I think it had been two weeks in actuality but that didn't matter. As much as I knew my mom loved me, our relationship was slowly rotting away. She didn't call as much as she used to. I got a text maybe once a night if I was lucky. But that was it. I didn't hold it against her though, I knew she just thought I was busy but it still wouldn't hurt to get a phone call every once and a while. She had promised me she'd be coming to visit me in London when she got back, and despite how busy of a person my mom was, she never missed my first game. I'd see her eventually.

"So when are you going to call Auston?" Mitch asked, as he looked back up at me from his phone.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know Mitch."

He raised an eyebrow, "You don't know?"

I sighed, "No Mitchell, I don't know."

He shook his head and pushed the hair sitting on his forehead back. "I think you should call him,"

"Well I don't think he should be talking to you about it," I grumbled. I now knew exactly who he was texting.

"Wha-t, what do you mean?" Mitch asked in fake confusion. I gave him a look and he sighed dramatically, dropping his head back.

"If Auston wants to talk to me about this, he can call me himself," I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Oh come on Alyssa, stop playing hard to get. He talks to you almost everyday." Mitch whined.

"Texts," I corrected. In all honestly, I hadn't actually spoken to Auston since last weekend. I would never admit this to Mitch but I was embarrassed. The whole club situation had escalated way more than it needed to, and then on top of that, while I was in a vulnerable position I gave into temptation.

When Auston had gotten me back to his apartment, he first helped me get cleaned up, which included him wrapping up my right foot. Once I got settled in, back into his bed mind you, Auston let me borrow a shirt and a pair of shorts from him. Instead of going to sleep though, like we really should have, we talked and made out all night. It was around five in the morning when we finally fell asleep, but I woke up only two hours later. I laid in bed for almost an hour, just staring at the brown-haired boy sleeping next to me. I contemplated my actions the night before and felt that we had gotten way too intimate way too quickly. I liked Auston, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't this type of person. I liked to wait, I liked to get to know people. I wasn't the type of girl who just jumped into bed with guys all willy-nilly. After thinking about it, I decided I needed to go home, so that I could properly clean myself up and so that I could take a break from everything. So I woke Mitch up and told him what I was doing. I knew he would be able to tell both Auston and Steph. I also knew Mitch would be able to bring Steph back to my place when we were getting ready to go back to school.

Not only that, but most of the guys, if not all by now, on the Leafs knew what happened. Between the club and then Auston and I's situation, everyone was trying to stick their nose into it. I wasn't too happy about it.