Chapter 16// The Porch Swing

"God that midterm screwed me,"

I frowned, "I know the feel,"

"Well that's what happens when you walk in unprepared," Victoria sing-songed causing Kelsey and I to glare at the red head.

We all shared the same clinical psychology course and let me tell you, it honestly was the hardest course I'd taken yet. Thankfully though, it was also my last midterm for this semester, allowing me to have almost a week off from both hockey and classes. I was slightly thankful I had all my midterms at the beginning of the examination period, but at the same time it sucked because there was minimal study time in between each test. Oh well, that was the only midterm that had actually truly tested me so hopefully the other exams went quite well. Steph had already gone home the previous weekend, leaving the three of us behind to finish up exams.

"So are you guys going home for Thanksgiving this weekend?" Kelsey asked us as we headed back to my car.

"Unfortunately. Because you know, Thanksgiving dinner three nights in a row is just the greatest," Vic sighed. She had three separate dinners because of her Mom's family, and then the two sides of her Dad's family as her grandparents were divorced. She never really enjoyed the holidays.

"How about you 'Lyss?" Kelsey asked me.

I shrugged, "My Mom is staying in Vancouver so I might just chill here,"

"Oh is she still seeing that guy?" Vic questioned, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Apparently. I don't know, I still haven't met the guy, and honestly, I'd rather not talk about it,"

The two girls just nodded.

"Well you could always go to Toronto," Vic added, causing Kelsey to chuckle.

"Maybe, I don't know, the guys have a game on the Saturday and then have Sunday and Monday off for the holiday, so you never know," I said.

"Well either way I'm sticking around here so wherever you go, I want to go with you," Kelsey told me, swinging her arm up and over my shoulder.

"You just want free Leafs tickets," Victoria muttered.

Kelsey gasped, "I do not. Maybe I just want to spend some quality time with my partner in crime considering all her free time has been spent with her superstar boyfriend."

I smiled slightly at the mention of Auston. It had been well over a week since I'd last seen him because of all my exams, and I was looking forward to spending some time with him during my reading week. The last night I'd spent with him I had really jumped out of my comfort zone, and I'm glad he had recognized it. Although we hadn't exactly done the deed things did get quite hot and heavy.

"How's that going by the way? Auston I mean," Vic asked, as we got into my car and headed off towards home.

"I mean no complaints so far," I replied, trying to keep my eyes on the road.

"They haven't done it yet," Kelsey then whispered to Vic causing me to send her a glare.

"What?" she questioned, shrugging her shoulders, "I have to keep her informed,"

I rolled my eyes, "I really don't appreciate my sex life being a constant form of conversation,"

"Well the lack there of," Kelsey coughed.

"Do you want to come to the game this weekend or not?" I suddenly threatened, causing her to fold her lips together tightly.

Once we got back to my place Vic immediately hit the books due to her having another exam later that night. Leaving us to head to her room, Kelsey and I fell back dramatically onto my living room couch.