Chapter 19// The Setup

I woke up to the feeling of lips being pressed up against my cheek and Auston's arm lain across my stomach. Auston kept placing kisses all over me; my cheeks, my nose, my forehead, my neck, everywhere except my lips. I tried to stay still but I began to giggle and squirm at the feeling of his lips brushing up against my skin.

Realizing I'd woken up, Auston stopped and pulled himself up and hovered over me. Holding his weight up with his arms, I watched as his tight muscles flexed and his gold chain dangled above me. My lips curled upwards at seeing the necklace. I was glad that he never took it off, because it meant the world to me.

"I love you," Auston spoke, causing me to dart my eyes up to meet his.

I grinned, "I love you too,"

Smirking, Auston leaned down to meet my lips in sweet-hearted kiss. I was feeling a new side to Auston, as I hadn't ever experienced him being so gentle with me. Pulling away softly, Auston held his position, hovering over top of me. He stared at me, with the faintest of smile, and I felt my cheeks heat up over his watchful gaze.

"Do you think anyone else is up yet?" I questioned, causing his brown eyes to dart towards my bedroom door.

"Doubt it," Auston answered, shrugging a bit.

I jumped in fright when a loud bang went off from downstairs, and Lexi's loud screech filled the home,

"Nylander! For fuck sakes!"

Then the sound of my smoke detectors went off, with the continuous beeping calling for a cause of concern. Looking back towards Auston, I raised an eyebrow and he sighed, and shook his head before rolling over and getting off of the bed.

"I'll be right back," he spoke, heading to the door.

"I can come," I said, sitting up and pulling my comforter off, but Auston halted me by putting his hand up.

"It's fine babe, I'll come get you in a second," Auston told me with a smile, before opening the door and closing it behind him. I frowned but decided to obey his request. I didn't understand why he wanted me to stay.

About ten minutes later, Auston came back into the room, and walked back over to me. I had sat up and was currently situated on the edge of my bed. Auston bent down to place another kiss onto the crown of my head, and placed his hand onto my shoulder, squeezing gently.

"Everything okay?" I asked, looking towards him suspiciously.

"Everything's fine," he replied, as he walked towards his overnight bag and pulled out some clothes. I inwardly sighed, disbelieving him but I didn't say anything.

Pulling his grey hoodie on, and slipping into some black jeans, Auston quickly combed through his hair and grabbed his phone, placing it into his pocket. He then looked back at me and smirked,

"As much as I'd love for you to walk around in just that shirt today, I suggest you get changed," Auston spoke and I felt my cheeks heat up at his words.

Finally standing up, I walked to my dresser and pulled out one of my favourite floral blouses and grabbed a pair of black leggings to go with it. Noticing Auston was still staring, I stopped what I was doing and turned back to him, "you can go downstairs if you want, I'll be a couple minutes."

"Nah, I'll wait. Just keep doing your thing," Auston replied, taking a seat back onto the bed and getting comfortable.

Sighing, I tried to ignore his presence while I got dressed for the day. I could feel Auston's eyes burning into me while I stripped down and got changed. He asked for it. Once I was changed, I grabbed my hair brush and pulled my bun out, letting my now wavy hair cascade down my back. Quickly running my brush through just to smooth it all out, I determined I was then ready for the day.