Chapter 15// The Awkward Sister Inquiry

"This is so boring," Breyana sighed from next to me.

I almost choked on my sprite before turning to look at the younger girl. This was not boring, was she insane?!

"Breyana," Brian chided, "just watch the game."

"Fine," she muttered back, before crossing her arms and pouting.

"You okay there?" I heard Lexi question me, as I cleared my throat. She had opted to sit next to me for the game, and had just traded seats with one of the other girlfriends. I was quite pleased she had. After hanging out over the past couple days, I was really enjoying her company. I was also kind of in love with her dog, and had mentioned to her that I was always available for puppy sitting.

I just nodded and focused back onto the game currently in play happening right in front of me. The game was still scoreless and was about five minutes into the second. It had been a pretty quiet first period, considering this was the home opener.

But just as I thought that, I screamed in delight and jumped up as Connor Brown snipped right on Boston's goalie. His parents I assumed, who were three rows in front of us also jumped up while everyone else stood and clapped after us. I was so happy for my favourite Leafs ginger, "Way to go Brownie!" I yelled, although I knew there was no way he could hear me. But regardless I wanted to support him.

His parents turned and both flashed me smiles before they, along with everyone else, took their seats.

"Still bored now?" I questioned Breyana, who just gave me sidewards glance before pulling out her phone, "yup," she replied, popping the 'p.'

I huffed in annoyance and just crossed my arms, whatever.

By the time the second was over, the Leafs were up 2-1. During the intermission I decided to go look in the Leafs merch store, and Lexi decided to join me.

"You know, if you really want a jersey, Auston or even one of the other guys for that matter could just get you one for free," Lexi stated, as I stared at the large wall of the brand new Leafs centennial jerseys.

"I guess, I don't know, I didn't want to ask. Anyways, I'm here for my friend actually," I explained, "she e-transferred me some money and practically begged me to get her one of the new jerseys,"

"Ah okay. So which one are you going to get?" Lexi questioned, as she crossed her arms and leaned up against one of the stands that showcased all the different hats.

"Momo's her favourite player," I replied, "so I'm leaning in that direction."

"Momo?" Lexi questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I giggled, "Morgan," I clarified, "Morgan's her favourite player,"

"I've never heard that nickname before, and trust me, I hear a lot of them," she laughed.

"Yeah, I picked it up from Connor McDavid of all people, but I've never actually called him that to his face," I told her with a laugh.

Lexi shook her head, "Jeez, you know everyone huh?"

I smiled, "seems like it doesn't it?"

She nodded. "That's for sure,"

I shrugged, "perks of being best friends with an NHL-er right?"