Chapter 17// The Friendsgiving Surprise

"Why are you filming this?" I cried out, as I watched Kelsey stick her iPhone in my face.

"Because 'Lyss, you're basically double fisting a turkey," she stated, turning her phone away from me and towards my hands, which were forearm deep in our dinner because I was currently stuffing the bird. "and everyone deserves to see this,"

I glared before whipping my dirty hands out and reaching out towards her phone, which caused Kelsey to scream and run away.

It was now Thanksgiving Sunday, and it was around one o'clock. I figured if I put the turkey in the oven now it would hopefully be ready around six-ish. Kelsey was supposed to be helping me, but she felt that filming me was much more entertaining.

There wasn't much more to be done anyways. I'd cleaned up the house earlier this morning, and organized my basement, in order to accommodate anyone who needed or wanted to sleep over tonight. Kelsey had also helped me set up the dining room table so that was done as well. Board games and movies were all laid out in the living room, and we'd even brought out a cooler to chill our drinks, both alcoholic and non. All that was left was the actual cooking, and I was determined to cook the best Friendsgiving meal ever.

After placing the stuffed turkey into its pan and putting it in the oven, I quickly scrubbed my hands clean and wiped them dry with one of my many kitchen towels. Setting the timer on my oven to beep every hour so I could check on our dinner, I finally was able to sit down, and I crumbled down next to Kelsey on my living room sofa.

"She's good to go," I sighed, and turned my head towards Kelsey, who was playing on her phone.

"Done!" she exclaimed happily before flashing me a smile.

"Done what?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow towards her.

She just grinned, "editing and posting the video. Your fisting webisode is now successfully on both Snapchat and Insta."

I just rolled my eyes, "great,'

I knew exactly why she had done that. After our little getaway to Toronto she'd added quite a few of the guys on social media, so they were bound to see it. After Wednesday's party, Thursday morning was rough, and that was putting it nicely. Auston also hadn't been too impressed with me either, which honestly didn't help. My brutal headache was enough punishment; I didn't need him being funny with me either.

Once he had come back from practice later that afternoon, he was back to his normal self however, and I had wondered if someone had said something to him. I figured Mitch did, but something told me a certain blonde haired Swede had something to do with it. William had been texting and snapchatting me a lot more lately, and had even promised me he'd be coming today, and that he'd be dragging Kasperi with him.

I was happy to hear they'd be coming, but I was a little surprised when Mitch had told me the reason Auston had gotten so upset Wednesday night was because him and Kasperi weren't on the greatest of terms. Apparently, they hadn't clicked over training camp the previous summer, and had gotten into a few arguments. So, he wasn't exactly pleased that I'd been drinking with him. I hadn't mentioned anything about Kasperi coming today to Auston, and I planned to play dumb. I didn't want Auston knowing Mitch had told me anything, and I figured that if I became closer to Kas, then maybe Auston and him would get closer too.

"Or they'll murder each other," Mitch had mentioned.

I really hoped not.

The boys had played the previous night and had won so I figured they'd all be in high spirits. Kelsey and I had gone and she'd honestly had a blast. It was nice sitting with her because just like me, she focused on watching the game, rather than talking and gossiping like some of the other girls that typically came and sat in the friends and family area. Morgan had also been kind enough to sign her jersey, which she proudly wore all night.