Chapter 12

I freeze. My brain buzzes, and I start to feel a new sensation. I slowly turn around to face Jason.

"What did you say?" I ask.

Jason takes the couple of steps it takes to get to me and repeats his last statement. "I said I love you." He smiles.

I stand there for a minute, letting that sink in. He loves me? He loves me. He loves me! I open my mouth, prepared to say something, but instead a sob escapes me. I'm startled by it but realize I need it. I let the tears fall, and they come fast.

"Woah, hey!" Jason steps back, obviously startled. "I didn't mean to-" I cut him off.

"No, no. These, believe it or not, are happy tears." I laugh through the sobs. He smiles, worriedly. I stand there for a minute, trying to compose myself. Finally, I am calm. "Sorry, it's just...it's just that, I've only heard one person say that to me. It means so much coming from you." I explain.

"I did a good thing admitting my feelings?" He ask.

I giggle. "You did an amazing thing." I compliment.

"Good, because I'm not really good at admitting my feelings. You're one of the only people I've done it to."

I smile at the fact that he trust me that much, even though he barely knows me. That's when I realize why I missed Jason so much, why I got attached so fast. Because I love him. Why am I just now seeing this? It doesn't matter, the good thing is that I see it.

"And," My hand seems to move on its on as it wraps around Jason's, our fingers intertwining, "I love you, too." I smile.

Jason looks at me surprised. He probably wasn't expecting that reaction, but I had to say it. He continues to stay silent for a couple of moments, and I become worried. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

"Jason?" I bite my lip in fear. Jason's eyes meet mine and so do his lips.

I gasp as he presses his soft lips to mine. For a minute I stand there surprised, but eventually, I kiss back. I feel electricity coursing through me along with fuzziness. It's a kiss with passion behind it, one that tells me that he's special, not some one time fling. He's the one for me, He's going to be everything for me. My rock, my protecter, my motivation, my love. I treasure every minute of this kiss, and all to soon, it's over.

"That." I breathe.

"Was amazing." Jason finishes. I laugh. "What?" He smirks.

"You're cute." I say.

He smiles. "You think so?"

"I know so." I answer.

"You're cute, too." He says. Then, his smiles broadens as if  he just got the best idea. "Lucy Quinn," He gets down on one knee, still holding my hand, "Since we just admitted we have feelings for each other, I was wondering would you like to accompany me to the Gotham Academy Carnival? You know, like a first date." He ask.

I giggle. "Of course." I answer quickly. Jason jumps up and gives me a quick peck.

"Great!" He exclaims. "I can pick you up...right now." He wraps his arms around my waist, and we head back towards the carnival.

I sigh and lay my head on Jason's shoulder. So this is what it's like to have someone. Someone other than family who cares, who's willing to do anything, who after two weeks still worries about you. I never thought I would find someone like this. I thought I'd be alone for the rest of my life, or I would crack and end up in Arkham with my parents, but now all those thoughts are gone. And all because one person cares. Then I realize more than one person cares. Dick, Kody, Tim, and Damian all care also. Jason just cared the most. I have people who care about me. 'And that you care about.' I remind myself. In just two days one family managed to take my point of view and switch it around. They are truly amazing.

When we get back near the carnival, Jason turns to me. "Alright, Ms. Quinn, are you ready for our first date?" Jason ask.

"Ready as ever, Mr. Todd." I respond.

"Then, let's go!" Jason grabs my hand, and we run into the crowded carnival, laughing.

-----------
Awwwwww!!!😍😍😍
Ok it took me a while to get this chapter up, I know. But it was a was a busy week, but not to worry the new update will come faster because, like I said, all of these chapters are already written. And I want to encourage you guys to not be silent readers. I want to hear your opinions through the comments. Alright, alright, I'll shut up now.