Chapter 51

Dina's POV
(Another change up! Everyone's favorite)

Francine giggles as she rummages through our closet, throwing various pieces of clothing onto the floor. I keep my head lowered, trying my best to block her out and hide my hurt expression. Instead, I focus on the many papers scattered in front of me. I pick up one that is scribbled full of wedding request. I smile slightly.

"What do you think of this?" Francine questions. She scrambles out of the closet, holding a cream-colored, peplum top and a fitted, burgundy pencil skirt to her body.

"Cute, but isn't that my top?" I scrunch my eyebrows in questioning.

Francine giggles. "Is it? I don't think so. I think I let you borrow it that one time." Her eyes shine in a threatening manner.

"Yeah, that's it." I sigh and turn back to the sheet of paper I'm holding.

Francine gives a small sound of triumph before disappearing into the bathroom, leaving me alone with a messy closet. I release a shaky breath and blink away the small tears forming in my eyes, then grab another piece of paper. I go back to work, distracting myself with my school work, trying hard to once again block out my sister. Just as I am finding peace, the bathroom door burst open and Francine struts out, dressed in the outfit she chose.

Her makeup is done to perfection, and her hair is curled in soft ringlets. As she passes by my bed, the smell of fresh strawberries follows her. She throws her old clothes into the closet, then bends down to grab a pair of wedges. She makes her way over to our dresser, grabbing a pair of earrings and her locket before heading back to the bathroom.

"Dina," She calls, "I need your help. Come here."

I push myself off the bed, silently complaining as I head for the bathroom. I walk in and, my mouth falls open at the mess before me. The bathroom is littered with various products. Bottles of shampoo and conditioner lay abandoned on the ground. Along with tubes of lipstick, eyeshadow pallets, makeup wipes, and containers of moisturizers.

"Francine, what the hell?!" I gasp, still in shock of the mess.

"What?" She ask.

"This mess! Please tell me you are going to pick this up. Along with the closet." 

"I will. I will." She grumbles. "Now, I need your opinion. Which hairstyle? Ponytail? Half up, half down? Or side sweep?" She ask, demonstrating each look.

"I'm sure Antonio will love whatever you pick." I snap, growing increasingly agitated with her.

Francine shoots me a quick glare. "You're right, but it's not just Antonio I'm trying to impress tonight." I raise an eyebrow as my sister's dark expression melts into a smug one.

"Oh, really?" I ask. "Who else are you trying to impress?"

"Antonio's parents and his brothers."

"But you already know them, and they know you."

"Yes, but they know me as his friend. Tonight they're getting to know me as his girlfriend. And I can't have them thinking that I'm trashy."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "Just remember to clean up your mess."

I walk out the bathroom and back over to my bed. I barely have time to sit down before the doorbell rings.

"Girls! Could one of you get that!" Mom calls from the kitchen.

"Dina." Francine snaps her fingers, commanding me to get the door.

I let a small, inaudible groan escape my lips as I stand and begin to make my way downstairs.