Chapter 16

(Back to Lucy's POV)

"Soooooo..." Jason's eyes travel around the room before landing me.

"Sooooo..." I smile. I study Jason, really taking in his features.

I notice that his eyes may be blue, but they're different from his brothers. His show a different mix of emotions. Dick's eyes reflect passion, strength, and even mystery. Tim's eyes show kindness and intelligence. Damian's eyes present resistance, strong-will, and maturity. But Jason's eyes show something else. Maybe it's not emotion, maybe it's a story. A past that I haven't unlocked yet, but I could in the future.

I lean in, trying to decipher this new information. Jason takes this an invitation for a kiss and meets me halfway. At first, I'm caught off guard, but my mind takes over, letting me absorb into the kiss. I feel the same electricity and fuzziness I felt during the first kiss. My brain cloud but feels clear at the same time. This kiss has the same amount, if not more, of passion as the first one.

After a minute or two, Jason snakes his arm around me and pulls me into his lap, his lips never breaking contact with mine. After a couple more minutes of sweet kisses, a knock comes at the door, breaking us apart.

Jason, still holding me on his lap, looks at the door. "Come in." He says. The door opens slowly, and Tim enters.

"Dinner's ready." He simply states before walking away.

"I guess that's our cue to head downstairs." I look up at Jason, and he nods.

I crawl off Jason's lap, letting him stand, and we go downstairs. When we get there, I notice everyone is already there. We're the last ones to come. This realization causes my cheeks to become warm, and I duck my head to hide the scarlet appearing. Jason must notice my embarrassment because he pulls me to his side and whispers in my ear.

"Don't be embarrassed, it's fine." He assures. I nod and work on getting rid of the blush. Jason plants a gentle kiss on my  temple, which helps.

"Are you just going to stand there and continue to act cute, or are you going to sit down?" I hear Cassandra mutter, agitated I might add.

"Calm yourself, Cass. We're coming, jeez." Jason nudges me forward. We walk to the table and sit.

"Dinner isn't ready just yet, so let's talk. Catch up with each other." Bruce says.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea, Bruce. I'll start." Barbara agrees. "Lucy, I have a question." I look her way and nod. "You're parents, have you met them?"

I freeze, trying to think of the best way to answer this question. This subject is sort of sensitive for me, but I don't mind talking about it.

Finally, the answer comes to me. "Yeah, I've met my mom. I always go see her at least once a month. As for my dad," I choke a little, trying to get the answer out, "My dad doesn't know I exist. When my mom found out she was pregnant, she went into hiding. She disappeared for an entire year. And when she went back, she did her best to keep me a secret. She didn't tell my dad because she said that his work was too important, he doesn't have time for a daughter. I know who he is, but he doesn't know who I am." I explain.

"Would you like to meet your dad?" Cassandra ask.

"Yeah, I would, but then again I don't. I want to because I want to learn more about my parents and myself. But I don't want to because I'm scared about what he'll do. I mean, my father's the Joker. I'm afraid that if he found out about me, he would kill my mom for keeping me from him." I answer.

"Does anyone, other than your classmates, your aunt, and us know you exist?" Tim speaks next.

I nod. "A couple of people." He nods.

"Steph, Cass, Babs, how does it feel to be back home?" Jason ask, taking the attention off of me, which I'm grateful for.

"It feels awesome to be back her with all of you." Stephanie nods excitedly. She's seems a little different than she was a couple of minutes ago.

"How does it feel to be a taken man?" Cassandra teases. She places a hand on Stephanie's shoulder, like she is comforting her.

Jason laughs. He leaves another gentle kiss on my forehead. "I honestly thought I would never be in the taken position, but when you meet the right person...it just seems right."

"Wow, Todd, I never took you for the romantic type. Honestly, it's kind of sickening." Damian gags. I giggle. Jason glares at his brother, but I can tell he wants to laugh.

"You now, Damian, we didn't take you for someone who would be so mature. Especially, since you wore pull ups until you were six." Tim says.

This causes everyone to break into laughter, except Damian who's face is red with anger and embarrassment.  

Damian opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by Alfred. He walks in rolling a cart of food and places the food in front of us before leaving.

"Well, everyone, let's eat." Bruce says, and we all begin shoveling food into our mouths.

-------------
Hey guys, sorry this update was late, I was just busy this week. I wanted to thank anyone who commented on my last chapter, and thank everyone for all the reads. Ya'll are great. Well, until next time