Chapter 20

"Jennifer, thanks so much for dinner. It was amazing." Aunt Kathleen compliments as she helps Jennifer wash dishes.

The two of them stand side by side while the rest of us sit at the dinner table. Kendall sits beside me, his eyes focused on his hands. He had been randomly sneaking glances at me all through dinner, and I just pretended I didn't notice. Sure, he was cute, but I had a boyfriend. One that would be going on live television in about twenty minutes.

While I pretended I didn't notice Kendall's looks, I also learned about Dina's family. It turns out that she and Francine are stepsisters. After her mom was killed in a car accident, her father was left alone with her and Bailey, who is her biological sister. Two years later, her dad met Jennifer and her daughters, Julie and Francine. The two got married and later had Sierra. What are the odds?

"Alright, everyone into the family room, Bruce Wayne's big speech is starting in fifteen." Judy instructs. We all stand and head for the family room.

Once inside, I take a seat down on the floor, in front of the T.V. Aunt Kathleen snuggles with Mark on the couch above me while others take the first empty seats they can find. Someone hits a button on the remote and the image of a large building with a large stage in front of it appears. There is a sea of reporters and photographers below the stage, waiting patiently for action to start.

"While we wait...quick favorite Wayne boy?" Julie turns to Bailey.

"Oh, um, the oldest. What's his name again?"

"Dick." I quickly answer. Everyone turns to me, but I keep my eyes on the T.V.

"Yeah, him." Bailey confirms.

"What about you, Dina?" Julie turns to her other sister.

"I like the middle child. The really smart one." Dina answers

"Tim." I fill in the blank. Again all eyes on me.

"How do you know?" Aunt Kathleen ask.

I shrug. "They're famous, so you see them around." 'Plus I'm dating one of them.' But I hadn't quite told that news to Aunt Kathleen yet.

"You like the Wayne boys too?" Julie squeals.

"Yeah, they're pretty interesting." I nod.

"My favorite's Jason. He's awesome, and strong, and cute. I'm like his biggest fan!" Julie babbles.

"Oh my god, don't get her started." Francine groans. She shoots her sister a glare then turns to me.

That's when a burst of applause comes from the T.V. We all turn our attention towards the screen, watching as one by one the family files onto the stage. My eyes immediately drift to Jason. He looks so handsome in his pressed black suit with his hair greased up, the white streak shining. Then, another voices sounds from beside me.

"OMG!!!! Are you watching?!" I turn to see Julie holding a phone close to her face, no doubt on FaceTime with friends.

"I'm watching. He looks soooooo hot." She giggles. I feel jealously rise in my throat, but I quickly push it down.

Finally, Bruce begins to talk.

"Hello, Citizens of Central City, I would like to thank each and every one of you for coming out to the grand opening of the Wayne Enterprises location here in your amazing city. My family and I thank you for all your support and your willingness to let us in. We hope that this location will bring great prosperity to you and your own families. Again, my entire family gives you our thanks, but I believe we have someone missing from our family tonight." Bruce smiles. A confused buzz spreads through the reporters. I scan the people on the stage and see everyone there.

"What's he talking about?" Whoever Julie is talking to ask.

"I don't know." Julie scrunches her eyebrows together.

"Yes, we would like to send a warm hello back home to Ms. Lucy Quinn." I nearly choke.

Then, the camera pans over to Jason. "Hi, Lucy, we love you." He freezes for moment then continues on. "I love you." The entire crowd goes wild, throwing questions in every direction.

"Thank you again, Central City." Bruce says before he walks off stage, followed by everyone.

Someone clicks the button on the T.V., and it clicks off. I know everyone's eyes are me, which doesn't help the redness that I know is already on my face. The entire room continues to stay silent until I hear a buzz. I look beside me to my phone and see it's a FaceTime from Jason. I click the answer button and focus on returning my cheeks to their normal color. A couple of seconds later, Jason appears on the screen, his eyes glowing like a two-year-old.

"Did you see, did you see?" He ask.

I sit for a minute just staring at him, my eyes expressing my feelings. Shock, surprise, adoration. "I saw, I saw." I finally answer. "And I loved it, I love you."

He smiles. "Glad to hear you say that." He sighs. "Can I ask you a quick question?" He ask changing topic.

"I believe you just did." I tease.

He shakes his head at me. "I mean a serious question." He says.

"Go ahead." I begin to stand, ready to walk to a different room, but Aunt Kathleen pushes me back down.

"Ms. Quinn, I was hoping you would accompany me to dinner tomorrow night at 7 o'clock?"

"Mr. Todd, are you asking me on our second official date?" I smirk.

"If I said yes would you say yes?"

"Yes."

"Then, yes."

I laugh. "Then it's a date. Tomorrow at seven."

Jason nods. "I have to go. The press is itching for pictures and interviews. Remember call if you need anything." Jason smiles. I nod. "Bye, Lucy."

"Bye, Jason." I click the end button and place my phone down. I sit in the silence that is still present, but it is quickly broken by two loud shrieks and overlapping voices.

"OMG!!!! That was Jason Todd on the phone!" Is one thing I hear. another is, "You have a boyfriend?" Then, "You're dating Jason Todd!?" But I ignore all of them.

I sit there in my own world still in awe of the fact that Jason loves me. He loves me.

----------
Awwwww aren't these guys just adorable😍😍

Hey guys, yet another update here. I really hope you are all enjoying the story even though it is kind of slow at the moment. I promise that very soon things will start to pick up, I have so many ideas up my sleeve😏😉 Thanks you guys again for all the reads, comments, and votes. Thanks for 100 votes🎉🎉🎉 You guys are the best!!

Until next time