Chapter 46

My hand figits in excitement as I scan over the various pieces of jewelry.

"Someone's excited." Jason laughs from behind me.

"Can you blame me? We haven't been on an actual date in a long time." I reply, setting silver hoops in my ears.

"Well then, tonight is all about you and me." Jason's arms appear on either side of my delicate frame.

"That's all I want." I say, twisting my head and allowing my body to find rest in Jason's firm chest.

Jason leans his forehead against mine, staring deeply into my eyes. He smiles, making me giggle, and he laughs along with me before pecking my lips.

"Come on, we should go." He says.

I nod. Jason leads me towards the door, and I grab my shawl as we exit. We head towards the garage, exchanging quick bits of conversation with whoever we pass on the way. Once in the garage, I let Jason pick the car while I wrap the shawl tight around my shoulders.

"Here we go." Jason pulls out a pair of silver keys. He jingles them in amusement as he grabs my hand and leads me to the keys owner.

We weave through the maze of cars finally coming to a halt in front of a red Ferrari. I glide my fingers over the smooth hood of the car, starring at it in wonder.

"I've never seen this one before. Is it new?" I ask, my eyes never leaving the car.

"Yep." Jason unlocks the car and reaches for my hand, guiding me into the car and onto the plush, leather seat.

He closes the door as soon as I'm in, then rushes to the other side and slides in quickly. He revs up the car while taking one of my hands in his.

"Ready for night full of romance?" Jason smirks, squeezing my hand.

And with that we pull out of the garage and speed away into the city.

———————Time Skip———————

"Oh, Jason." I gasp, stepping out onto the roof of Wayne Towers.

"You like it?" Jason ask.

"I love it." I reply, my mouth still wide in awe. "It's beautiful."

I look out over the top of the building. The sky sits dark, illuminated by the busy city. Buildings sit glowing from their tops to their bottoms, while below cars blow at one another, their headlights lighting up the streets. Stars are sprinkled across the sky, some glowing brighter than others as if their trying harder to be noticed. My hands place themselves on the cement border as I lean farther over the edge.

"Easy there." Jason laughs. "Don't want such a beautiful girl to meet such an ugly death."

"Sorry...it's just so beautiful." I whisper.

"Well, do you want to stand here all night, or do you want move onto the fun part?" He questions, his face painted in adoration and amusement.

"Yeah, we can move on." I say, peeling myself away from the edge.

Jason laces our arms as we head further down the terrace. We walk for a couple seconds, then come upon a lovely setup. I gasp as we approach a small table flanked by two chairs.

The table is beautiful. An eloquent, velvet tablecloth is draped over it, giving it a look of class, and on top it is adorned with candles and two large dishes. Right next to the table sits another cart, filled with various sweet-looking desserts.

"What do you think?" Jason breathes, breaking me from my haze.

I stand for a moment, scanning the scene over once again, my heart swelling at the fact that Jason went through all of this for me.