Chapter 36

Three weeks later

I lift my fork to my mouth but can't seem to let its contents into my mouth. I drop the fork on my plate and push them both away from me.

"It's delicious, but I can't take another bite." I say, placing a hand on my stomach.

Aunt Kathleen laughs and sets another pancake on my plate despite my silent protest. She pushes the plate back towards me, then grabs her own food. She sits down across from me and begins to drench her pancakes in syrup.

"If I didn't know better, I would think that this was like Hantzel and Gretel, and you're the witch. You're fattening me up, so that you can eat me." I joke, reaching for the syrup.

"You caught me." Aunt Kathleen laughs as she puts her hands up in mock surrender. I laugh.

"What are your plans for today?" I ask.

"Nothing really. Mark is busy and said he can't come over until late tonight. And you'll be off with Jason all day, so I think I'll just get some work down. Maybe watch a a movie or something." I nod, glad my Aunt will have a day off. "Oh, by the way. How is Jason?" Aunt Kathleen smirks and raises her eyebrow.

I choke and have to cover my mouth to prevent from spitting out the pieces of pancake I just put in my mouth. When I'm sure I won't spit pancakes, I pull my hand away, laughing at Aunt Kathleen's stupid expression.

"Oh my god, you did not just ask that!" I exclaim. "Please tell me you did not ask that. You can't be serious."

Aunt Kathleen's smirk grows, and she leans forward, a mischievous twinkle evident in her eye. "Dead serious." She states.

I shake my head, laughing. "I'm not answering that question."

"Oh, you're answering the question." Aunt Kathleen commands. I shake my head again and purse my lips as a way to say my lips are sealed. "Fine, if you won't answer, I'll just keep asking questions until you do."

"Do your worst." I challenge, crossing my arms.

Aunt Kathleen mimics my move and leans back in her chair. "Is he strong? I bet he's really strong. What do his abs look like?" I bite my lip and turn away as a deep blush fills my cheeks. "I'm sure you've seen him shirtless at least once. Is he really hot shirtless? Is he romantic? Oh, I've got one. Is he a good kisser? I bet he's amazing." Aunt Kathleen spits out question after question.

She opens her mouth to ask another question, but I stop her, scared as to where this conversation could go. "Alright, alright, you win. Just please stop." I beg.

"I'll stop, but only if you answer at least two of those questions. I get to choose which ones." Aunt Kathleen agrees.

"Fine." I nod.

"Ok, first question, is he romantic? Second question, is he a good kisser?"

I slam my fist on the table. "Why did you choose those two?" I whine.

"Answer the questions."

"Ok, ok, fine. Yes, he is romantic. He's always giving me presents and flowers and treating like a princess. It's really sweet." I answer. Aunt Kathleen nods, then motions for me to continue on. "And...I can't believe I'm answering this...but yes, he is a good kisser. Like really good."

"Awwww, how sweet." Aunt Kathleen smiles.

"Now, I have a question for you." I say.

"Go on." Aunt Kathleen raises her eyebrow.

"How's Mark?" I ask, dragging out the m.

"I'm not answering that question." Aunt Kathleen says quickly, grabbing our plates and walking towards the sink.

"You have to. I answered your's." I shoot at her.

"No, I don't have to." Aunt Kathleen shoots back.

"And, why is that?"

"Because I'm the adult."

"Well, that's not fair."

"Life's not fair."

I gasp slightly. "Who knew you could be so evil."

"You did just call me a witch, didn't you?" Aunt Kathleen sets the dishes in the dishwasher before leaning up against it, smirking evilly.

I glare at her, making her laugh. Aunt Kathleen heads towards me and wraps her arms around my shoulders.

"Didn't know I had a secret bad side, did ya?" She ask.

"No, I didn't." I grumble.

"Yep, before your mom lost it, I was the problem child. I don't know how many times I got detention. I got suspended at least twice and almost got expelled." She laughs.

I turn to her, eyes wide and mouth hanging open. "But I thought you were the popular, varsity cheerleader, heartbreaker girl?" I question.

"Oh, I was. But I was also the bad, 'I stole the principal's car' girl." Aunt Kathleen explains. "I was a handful. By the time I reached high school, my parents had given up. They got calls from the school so frequently that we had the number saved in the phone. By the time I graduated, I could recite it forwards and backwards."

"When did you stop?" I raise a questioning eyebrow.

"When your mom became Harley. I knew my parents couldn't handle two troubled kids. Especially since there really is no way to change your mother back to her former person. Then, when you were born, and I realized I would have to raise you, I really changed. I knew I had to be a good influence. So, I traded the my old life for my new one. And let me tell you, I don't regret it. I like this life a lot more." Aunt Kathleen kisses my temple, and I pull her closer to me, burring my head in the crook of her neck.

We stay that way for a while, passing our affection back and forth. Aunt Kathleen has been the only stable thing I've ever known. She's been the only thing here for me from the beginning. I couldn't imagine life without her.

I let out a sigh as the sound of a car horn sounds. "That's Jason." I say, pulling away.

"I guess that means you have to go?" Aunt Kathleen ask even though she knows the answer.

"Yep." I stand and grab my overnight bag from off the ground.

"Alright, then I guess I'll see you tomorrow." Aunt Kathleen pats my shoulder.

"See you tomorrow." I walk towards the door, my arm outstretched and ready to turn the knob.

"Oh, and, Lucy." I turn to face a smiling Aunt Kathleen, her blue eyes full of love. "I love you." She adds.

"I love you, too." I smile before turning the knob and walking out the door.

-------------------
Awwww, I feel like this is what we were missing. I honestly love Kathleen. What do you guys think of her?

Hello, wonderful readers. How is everyone? I have one quick announcement. I wanted to let ya'll know that I am out of town yet again, and because of our location my reception will not be very good, so if I am late with the next update, I am so sorry.

Well until next time