Nightmares and Comforting Cuddles

A/N : HOLY FUCKING SHIT I'VE BEEN ABSENT FOR SOOO FUCKING LONG AND I'M SORREH AND I'M ASHAMED! LET'S JUMP IN SHALL WE?!?!

It was dark...her small hand reached out but caught nothing. She tried blinking, thinking as if that would cause the darkness to fade away. She tried taking a deep breath in to calm herself, only finding it hard to do so. 

'What's happening?' was the only question swarming through her mind. She tried walking, but didn't seem to be moving forward. The floor doesn't appear to exist. She tried turning her head, she can't. She can't move at all. She's stuck. 

She opens her mouth to scream for help but no sound comes out. No wails of fear. Nothing. 

Suddenly she falls. She can't see if she's actually falling or not, but it feels like it. The wind rushing through her hair, the nothingness below her feet. So she has to be falling right? 

She lands. Hard. The thump echoes endlessly throughout the darkness.

Finally. She can breath again.

She tries to make a small hum with her voice. 

She succeeds.

"W-What's going on? Hello?!" she yells and it echoes, bouncing off of the seemingly non-existent walls that surround her in the darkness. 

"(Y/n)." 

That voice.

"D-Dad?" she quietly calls out.

"Why did you do this?! YOU ROTTEN CHILD!" 

"M-MOM?!" she screams, panic fills her veins as she tries to search the darkness for the people she feared most. She can't find them.

"HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO US?! TO HIM?!"

"BUT MOM I-I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" she hears herself yell from the distance. 

"STOP LYING YOU PIECE OF SHIT! IT'S YOUR FAULT HE'S DEAD!"

"DADDY I SWEAR IT WASN'T M-MY FAULT!" she hears herself scream. Her scream filled with fear, anxiousness, and even regret.

"YOU KILLED HIM!"

"THE WRONG CHILD DIED!"

"IT SHOULD'VE BEEN YOU (Y/N)!"

"STOP! STOP! STOP IT!" she covers her ears, but it doesn't help to muffle the horrifying words.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT!"

"YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN INTO EXISTENCE!"

"S-STOP IT! YOU'RE WRONG!"

"Me? Wrong?! YOU'RE THE REASON OUR ONLY CHILD IS DEAD!"

"B-But I'M YOUR CHILD TOO!"

"Not anymore!"

"PLEASE LET ME EXPLAI-" a slapping noise resounds throughout the darkness. She feels tears slipping down her cheeks as her breathing just get's more and more labored.

"H-Help..." she actually says this time. But the words are faint. Practically non-existent. The only thing she can hear now is the loud, hard, thudding of her heart banging against her chest. She squeezes her hand over her heart.

"I-It wasn't...my f-fault..."

"HUUAAAAAAH!" you sat up in bed taking a deep breath of air. Your heart is beating so hard and there are tears in your eyes. A small sob racks your body and escapes through your gaping mouth. The another one. And another. All coming one after another, you can't stop them anymore. You cry so hard people from outside your cabin can probably hear it. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!" you scream a bloodcurdling scream, attracting the attention of your now freckled faced boyfriend walking right outside. 

Your door slammed open and he came running in, crouching right next to you and holding your face in his always warm and comforting hands.

"(Y/n)?! (Y/N)! What's wrong?!" he asked, panic swirling in his coal orbs. A sniffle.

"A-Ace!" you immediately wrap your arms around him in a tight warm hug. you cry loudly into his shoulder. He rubbed circles on your back soothingly, shushing you softly in hopes of getting you to calm down.

"What happened princess?" he asked.

"A-A dream!" you cried out, already remembering the painful words.

"What was it about?"

"I-I don't know..."

"What do you mean you don't know!? YOU'RE CRYING SO HARD BECAUSE OF IT!" you nuzzled your way into his collarbone a little more.

"Ace please...please just calm down. It was just....words I guess. I'm calm now that you're here but, I don't want you to leave yet. Cuddle with me?" you pulled back a little from your embrace and gave him those watery puppy eyes and he melted right there on the spot. 

He nodded without saying anything and got right under the covers with you, your head to his chest and his arm wrapped protectively around you.

"As long as I'm around...nothing can hurt you." he promised. You nodded and shut your eyes, sleep overtaking your body again.

"Sweet dream princess..."

"Mm. Sweet dreams Ace." 

And you quickly drifted off to dreamland, while Ace was up for another hour or so, thinking about what could have been so bad that made you of all people cry and seem so helpless. If it was a who, he'd beat the shit out of them. If it was a what. He wouldn't let you go near it ever again.

He'd be your knight in shining armor.