The Feelings Come Out

------------------------------------------------------

chapter status: unedited

-------------------------------------------------------

I make the last touch ups of my makeup and take a last minute look at myself in the mirror.

This is it. The date with Cameron Boyce.

That day that Ross asked me if i really like Cam, i answered with a couple awkward coughs then i fled the room and that day was yesterday, and since then, i have been trying my best to avoid Ross. I think i do like Cameron but i just can't get myself to say it out loud, that's never a good sign. The thing is, i want to, i really really want to say that i like him, but i just can't. 

A loud ringing sets my head flying towards Rydel's bedroom door.

Here we go.

"Callie, Cameron is here." Rocky yells from downstairs. I sigh and grab my phone and jacket and go downstairs to be greeted by the whole lot...including Ross who is death glaring off Cameron who stands in the doorway admiring me and not noticing Ross at all.

I put on a smile and walk towards Cam but stopping as i get fed up with everyone staring, "ya'll can go away now." i say with as much sass i can.

Riker walks up to me and sticks his tongue out, "you're such a dork." i giggle, grab my jacket with one hand, fling it over one shoulder and strut away like a boss. 

"m'lady." Cameron holds out his hand and i gladly take it.

"m'lady." Ross mocks Cameron.

I snap my head towards him and glare, "stop being such a jerk, okay." I hiss at him, "where the fuck did the Ross that i met a couple months ago go? He has seemed to just disappear into thin air and left a jealous, inconsiderate  jerk behind." 

Ross looks taken aback, "its not my fault you have bad taste in guys." he shoots back with way too much ease.

"And you think you are any better?" i question. By now, everyone was staring at us bicker at each other.  

"YES, I DO! That's why i've been trying to get your attention for ages but you just keep ignoring me, i have feelings too, Callie." he yells but it turns into a whisper.

I swallow the lump in my throat, "what are those feelings, Ross? Express your god damn feelings." 

He sighs and looks around, realizing everyone is watching and stays silent.

"Thats's what i thought." i take a deep breath and turn back around, taking Cameron's hand, "come on, Cam." i drag him further out the door, fuming. I was way too annoyed to even know where i was going.

"wait!" A voice that i can only make out to be Ross, yells.

I turn around, ready to be lectured.

"i feel like every time your name is mentioned in a conversation, i feel all these butterflies erupt in my stomach and i love that feeling. I feel like when you say my name, like we're the only ones in the room because you're talking to me, i know that's weird but that's how i feel." he says, inching closer to me, "i feel jealous whenever you go near or talk or even look at another guy because you're not doing that to me. I feel angry when you are in touching distance of Cameron because the way you look at him, and not me? gets me really pissed off. I feel like, like, i love you. So, I'm sorry if i get angry and blow my top but that's how i feel." he finishes and walks off casually, like what he just said didn't mean anything.

But it did.

It was all i was waiting for.

All i wanted was for him to admit it, and he did.

He just said he loves me.