Love Is A Strong Word

------------------------------------------------------

chapter status: unedited

-------------------------------------------------------

"so, we still going on that date?' Cameron asks awkwardly.

Did he seriously just ask that?

"Ross just told me he loves me...what do you think?" i retort, sarcastically.

"so, now you're saying you are gonna be with Ross?" he questions, disappointment flashing in his eyes.

"i-i never said that." i mumble, looking down.

"so, you don't like him?" he asks.

"i didn't say that either." i look up and raise my eyebrow.

Cameron sighs, "when you make up your mind, call me." he says and walks out the door.

Guilt. guilt. guilt. guilt.

"what the hell just happened?" i say out loud, looking at the Lynches who seemed just as lost as me.

"Callie, you cant keep doing this, you are confusing everyone and playing with two guys hearts." Rydel explains, "you gotta choose who you wanna be with, and quick."

i sigh, "i know." shaking my head, i continue, "love is confusing!" i grunt and run upstairs to get out of my clothes i was gonna wear to my date.

On the way to Rydels room, i run into a hard surface and fall to the floor instantly.

Idiot. Callie, you are an idiot.

"Sorry!...Callie." they sigh. 

I stop rubbbing my sore head and look up to see Ross staring down at me. He stays still for about 3 seconds then runs off, into his and Ry's bedroom, slamming the door behind him.

"ROSS!" i yell and jump up, running to his door and knocking numerous times.

It's open, there is no lock. Dimwit.

I lay my hands carefully on the cold, metal, door handle and slowly turn it, opening and making my way through the door to see Ross sprawled out on his bed.

"Ross," i say, quietly.

"mhm." he mumbles against his pillow.

"can we talk...please?" i ask, walking closer to him and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"i'd really rather we don't." i says and lifts his head and looks at me.

i sigh, "i'd really rather we do." i shift on the bed and get more comfortable, "now, what was that all about before?"

" i knew you'd ask!" he yells, " i dont want to talk about it, okay?" 

I try and keep my calm and take a deep breath, "well, guess what? i wanna know why the guy who i thought was my friend just say he thinks he loves me." 

He grunts and puts his hands over his eyes, "because i do...i think." 

"Ross, its either you do, or you dont." i say, playing my hand lightly on his thigh.

"i dont..wait, i do. Yeah." he looks at me, "Callie, i love you...i think." he shakes his head and turns away.

This makes me giggle, "Wow, and i cant make up my mind?" i smile and for once in a while, Ross smiles back.

"you cant." he laughs and i playfully hit his shoulder.

I miss this. Goofing around because we are funny and amazing people. 

"im sure i like you, like, alot." he admits, "you know what?" he raises an eyebrow, "i love you." he smiles, "yeah, i love you.' he repeats and looks to be proud.

"love is a strong word, Ross." i say, "you cant just throw it around like its nothing."

He nods, "i know that." 

"then, do you really mean it when you say you love me?" i ask, searching his face for any sign of regret or doubt.

" i do, i do mean it. You somehat gave me the courage to say it." he nods, again. 

"gave you the courage?" i whisper, taking in what he said.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." he says, tucking a stray heair of mine behind my ear then caressing my cheek.

"wow," i croak out, "thats deep." i smile and he smiles back, breaking out into a cute giggle, making me laugh aswell.

"Callie, be serious. I pouring my heart out to you." he says, in a joking way.

"i am!" i defend, "it was deep."

He laughs and shakes his head, "Callie, i love you." he says and leans in, closer and closer to my face.

Inches, apart. Centimeters. Millimeteres.

And...

SPARK!