Snorting & Staying

------------------------------------------------------

chapter status: unedited

-------------------------------------------------------

"What is happening here?"

Dad asks.

I freeze.

Everyone goes silent.

I quickly pull away from Ross, "i was so happy he woke up...i just needed to give him a big hug." I say, trying to cover it up for as long as i can.

Dad raises an eyebrow, "then how come we heard y'all say you love eachother?"

I turn to Ross and punch his good shoulder, "love him like a brother." I turn back to our parents who are not seeming to buy it, "pfft."

Mom shakes her head, "Luke, stop questioning them." She comes up to me and hugs me, "you know she was never good with people." She kisses my head, "let her bond with Ross." I keep back a giggle but i just end up snorting, then i burst out laughing.

"I-im sorry." I walk towards the door, "i gotta leave." I laugh harder as another snort comes out because i was laughing so much.

As i walk through the door, Rocky decides he should also walk through, just from the other way, resulting in me getting hit by a door and flung to the floor. "Dude." I grumble.

He starts hysterically laughing and somehow, the whole hospital room was all filled with laughing idiots. We all slowly calmed down until it was silent.

"We need help." Riker says, randomly. We all nod.

I get up off the floor with the help of Rocky. "Im gonna go get a snack." I announce and walk out of the room. But, realising i forgot something, i backtrack into the room.

"Mummy! Daddy! You're back." I squeal and hug them, then i turn to Mark and Stormie and hug them. "Now, I'm gonna get a snack." I repeats and walk out again.

~*~

I was at a vending machine, waiting for my Mars Bar to fall but it got stuck. Frustrated, i start hitting the side, trying to get it to fall.

"Need some help?" Someone from behind asks.

I turn around and find none other than Cameron Boyce staring back at me. I smile, "hey Cam."

I turn back to the machine and continue bashing it.

"So, how have you been, Callie?" He questions, walking to the machine, hitting it in one spot and my chocolate drops. My mouth gapes open.

How? Eh.

"Well, some psychotic idiot kidnapped me when we were camping, held me hostage for a week, beat me, starved me and everything else you can think of. Shot Ross...and here we are." I raise an eyebrow, "why are you here? Are you, like, stalking me?" I giggle, opening the chocolate bar and taking a bite.

"No," he laughs, "im not." We start walking to some seats. "My cousin was taken here two days ago, im just visiting. Found a pretty girl, and came over." He winks.

"Hey, no hard feelings with the whole Ross and you situation? I was so stressed and confused, i didn't even realise who i was hurting."

He nods, "its all good." He looks down. "It just would of been nice to see how that date would of gone."

I pang of guilt washes over me, "we can still go out as friends." I shrug.

He looks up and smiles, "yeah?"

I nod, "yeah." I check my phone, to see if there are any texts and sure enough, there was a text from Ryland.

Ry: We are leaving, hurry up. Pig.

I roll my eyes, and smile.

Me:Just a second. Dimwit.

I look up at Cameron, "i gotta go. Call me later, we'll organise a day." I say and walk off.

~*~

"We've been watching the news back in Australia." Mom says, looking directly at me. We were back at the Lynches house, everyone is seated in the living room as our parents have an announcement...well, everyone but Ross who has to be at the hospital.

I gulp and breath in, "y-yeah."

"How did Ross get shot exactly?" Mark asks us.

"Well, we were...in a resturaunt-" Rocky stutters, "and someone-"

"We know about Callie." Dad butts in and looks at me, but then back at the Lynches.

"Why didn't you tell us she was kidnapped? That is very serious, guys." Stormie shakes her head.

I raise my hands, "i had no phone."

They chuckle, "well, nah." Rocky replies sarcastically.

"We're sorry, we just thought about the consequences." Riker sighs, "we are really sorry."

They nod, "its okay, but ya'll are grounded." Mark says.

"Callie?" Mom says, i look up, "did Damian hurt you?"

I slowly nod, looking around as everyone stares back at me, "he kept me in his basement and everyday he would come down and beat me." I take a shaky breath, "once until i was unconscious." I play with my thumbs, "and he starved me." I lay my hands on my small, malnourished stomach.

"When we found her," Rydel starts, "he was about to shoot her." She recalls what happened not long ago, "Callie tried to stand up for herself, and he shot. But it hit Ross, i think it was meant to. To scare us."

"We are just so glad you're okay, and Ross is still alive and breathing." Mom comes up to me and hugs me, my dad shortly joining.

"I love all of you." I say, smiling at everyone else. "So, you're probably never gonna trust us alone again?" I sigh.

"Can we?" Mark questions. "Our holiday was still 2 more months."

"Really?" I look back at the Lynch kids, "yes!" I run up and hug them.

"R5 are still my babysitters." I giggle.