Poe.

there was something wrong, poe could feel it.

this wasn't a regular morning.

the man he slept next to every night and the man he woke up to every morning wasn't next to him this time.

chanting and raving drummed into his head, beating at his temples. lights, red and blue, strobed into his room through the window on his door, accompanied by the screeches of sirens.

poe rose from his bed in a haste, racing to his front door. he swung it open and exposed himself to the gruesome scene in front of him.

crowds of people stood on his lawn. they held signs reading "GOD HATES FAGS" and "DEATH TO ALL GAYS". the entire crowd stopped chanting and screaming to turn to poe. the group parted to show a man standing in the middle of the crowd, face beaten.

finn.

the man poe fell asleep next to every night, and the man poe woke up to every morning.

poe screamed, running towards him, attempting to get close to him, but the crowd would not let him.

instead, they grabbed him by the arms and forced poe to watch them finish what they started.

one punch.

one kick.

a final blow to his stomach, and-

poe lurched forward, covered in cold sweat. he looked around him frantically, and found himself back in his apartment, breathing heavily.

a nightmare.

he wiped the sweat off his forehead. his white sheets pooled around his toned waist as he slowly caught his breath, calming down in his dimly lit apartment.

he often had nightmares, but they were usually the same moment over and over again, more times then not his parents arguing when he was a child.

but never like this.

he wasn't even in a relationship with finn, but his subconscious was obviously afraid of loosing him, and he couldn't argue the fact that his conscious was too. poe documented that this as one of the things that makes him mentally unhealthy; early attachment.

early attachment, as well as self harm (his knuckles were raw and bright red from punching countertops and walls), anxiety, synesthesia, and insomnia; all diagnosed.

sure, he had medications, but they made poe feel lethargic and more depressed, so he threw them out ages ago.

this was all besides the fact that poe had a very real and very serious problem to deal with.

he had a mad crush on finn, and he was going to do something about it.