Finn.

finn enjoyed early mornings.

he never intended to wake up as early as 5:04 AM, sometimes his internal clock just worked that way.

he was always grateful when his internal clock did wake him up at 5:04 AM because he got to admire the hazy los angeles morning sun on his dark skin, and the sounds of the city waking up just as he did.

this time, he sat against the wall on his small twin bed, soft sheets pooled around him. he watched shadows cross his apartment, birds flying past the small window on his wall. he was about to lay back down to fall back asleep, but a short and quiet knock stopped him.

he got up, grey t shirt dragging on the blankets over him. his white and red boxers hung off his hips as he walked across his apartment to the door.

he pulled the light door open to find a nervous poe dameron standing on the sidewalk outside his apartment. finn stared at his neighbor with confusion.

"what's wrong?" he asked, seeing the worry on poe's face.

"can i come in?" he asked, anxious.

"sure." finn said. poe awkwardly walked into finn's apartment, admiring the soft lighting as he stood in the kitchen. finn closed the door behind him, looking back at him with worry. "are you alright?"

poe hesitated before answering. "yea, i'm alright, i just needed... need to be around someone before i do something i regret."

finn walked across the room and and sat down on the small couch. "like what?" he asked as poe sat down next to him.

poe sighed, heart heavy. he raised his hands out of his pockets and showed finn his raw and scabbed knuckles. out of instinct, finn took poe's hand into his own, running his long fingers over poe's bruised ones.

"it's just something i do," poe continued as finn slowly massaged his hand. "and i sometimes think... i think i deserve to feel pain."

finn looked up from poems hand with worry and confusion. "no you don't." finn said. poe huffed a sarcastic laugh. "i'm serious!" finn exclaimed, laughing. "i'm very serious, poe, you don't deserve that." he squeezed poe's hand. "i don't know you very well but i know you don't deserve to feel pain."

poe sighed, smiling. "i'd like to get to know you better." he said, now holding finn's hand. he rubbed over finn's thumb with his.

finn sunk into the couch. "me too, poe."

"me too."