Poe

poe wasn't one to get attached. following in the footsteps of his father, he never got attached to anyone or anything, in fear of loosing it.

so why was poe waiting for finn's apartment door to open just to get a chance to ask him what his plans were? he didn't know.

suddenly, the hinges to finn's creaky plastic door screeched, and poe opened his door seconds later, to make it seem like he wasn't pathetically waiting for finn.

finn caught poe's eye as he threw his trash out in the green bin outside on the pavement.

"hey poe!" he said cheerfully.

poe smiled. "hey, kid. what're you doing today?" he asked, attempting to be nonchalant, but failing miserably.

finn raised an eyebrow. "wouldn't you like to know?" he flirted, smiling. he shook his head as poe started to blush uncontrollably. "i'm just kidding," he said, clarifying. "i'm working on an art piece. you're welcome to watch me paint if you'd like."

poe smiled. "i'd like that."

---------------

"no, poe, it's like this," finn laughed, swiping his brush across the pastels on the canvas. he bore gold, thin framed circle glasses, a pair that he apparently wore whenever he was painting because he "wouldn't be able to see the small details" if he didn't. "sometimes it's better to paint what you think feel, and not what you see." he said, peeling the reference picture off the giant easel. he held out a thicker brush to poe. "take this. let me show you."

poe took the paintbrush wearily. finn wrapped his hand around poe's and guided him across the canvas. "longer strokes make for larger coverage and more movement, but sometimes what you're looking for is texture, which is what shorter brush strokes are perfect for." finn said, smiling as he drove poe's hand into the corner of the canvas.

"i'll never be good at art, finn. i'm not an artistic man." poe said, doubting his skills would be this superior the moment finn let go of his hand. he sweat as finn wrapped his long fingers around poe's smaller, more calloused hand.

finn shook his head. "that's a very naïve way to think about art, poe." he said, smiling as he focused on a small corner of the canvas with poe's hand. "art isn't about a skill you are born with, it's about practicing."

finn let go of poe's almost shaky hand, and watched as poe attempted to follow his previous directions with the shorter stokes.

"there it is!" he cheered, throwing his hands up into the air. he beamed at poe as he handed finn the paintbrush back.

"well," poe said, blushing. "i'll never be as good as you, kid."

finn smiled as he pushed his glasses up, smearing white paint on his cheek. he didn't notice, but it drove poe insane.

impulse took over poe and he slowly wiped the white paint off finn's under eye, cupping his cheek. finn leaned into the touch instantly, and put his hand gently over poe's.

"thanks." finn whispered. poe stared at the boy with not only lust, but the admiration of a thousand lovers combined into one clumsy mess of a man. he gazed at finn's lips in the absolute silence, slowly leaning forward until he was inches from the other boy's face.

"ive never kissed anyone before in my entire life." finn said, heart rate increasing as the intimidation of kissing poe rose in his chest.

"there's a first for everything." poe said. moving even closer.

finn pulled away. "not here." he stated. poe looked at him with confusion and slight pain as finn stood. "i want to kiss you poe, but i want to take you somewhere." he explained quietly, sticking out his hand to poe.

poe smiled. "anything for you, kid."