Poe.

[second last chapter]

poe doesn't remember the last time he was happy.

he thinks it was during the winter of sixty four, but he has no god damn idea.

drunk and angry, he stumbled around his dirty apartment for his rusty car keys. he stepped out of the motel style room and glanced at the door to his right at the end of the hall and everything came back.

finn.

finn, his art, his jokes and his shitty one liners. his lips and his eyes and his hands and everything that made finn beautiful. his silver ring and his marital promise, left unfulfilled.

a tear came to poe's sunken and tired eyes, but he quickly wiped it away and stumbled to his car. darkness surrounded him as he drove down the empty los angeles roads.

he came to a grassy cliff, a site where their lips met for the first time. poe got out of his car and walked to the edge, looking down at the distance below his feet. he let his right foot dangle, getting a feel for the absence of the ground.

he stepped back and looked at the skyline. he sighed. he thought about if he would live if he jumped from a distance like this.

"i hope not." he said to himself, watching the small pieces of grass fall from the cliff's edge.

he sighed, letting one foot hover over the drop. "i miss you, finn. but hopefully, after this, i'll see you again." he said before taking a step forward into his own demise.