°°Two°°

F/N sent me to go buy something, anything that was edible while her and Rosie stayed inside to put up the beds and connect the T.V and stuff like that. I would have told her 'go do it yourself', but 1. She would take Rosie with her and 2. I want to meet new people.

       I then remembered about the ladies from the salon. Maybe they know where I can find food or drinks. I grabbed the keys from the counter and headed outside, the warm, summer air hitting me. It was never this hot in Utah. At this time of night, it would be cold already. But, I decided to move here and getting used to my environment is part of moving to a different state, so I have to deal with it since I'm the one that put myself into this situation.

       I walked down the stairs and towards the salon--at least I was. My eyes caught sight of a bodega mere steps closer to me than the salon. Instead of going to the place where the ladies were judging me, I walked into the small corner store.

       A teenage boy about five years younger than me was unpacking waters--at least until he saw me walk in. He quickly put the water cases down and in less than two seconds was next to me, complimenting my appearance and flirting with me.

       "You know, I'm almost an adult." He smirked and leaned against a shelf holding Goya Beans. "Maybe in three years you and I can, I don't know, go out sometime?"

       I chuckled at his attempt to get a date with me. "Aren't you a little too young for me?"

       The boy opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a man that was older than him. He wore a red button up with the first three unbuttoned, showing a bit of his tan skin and white undershirt. I tore my eyes away from his chest to look at his facial features. He had dark brown eyes and a black hat that covered up his dark brown hair, which matched his eyes. He sighed when he saw how close the boy was to me. "Sonny, are bothering the customers again?" He looked at me. "Is he making you uncomfortable?"

       I snapped out of my trance and nodded sheepishly, glancing at his face again before looking away. The man walked up to Sonny and smacked him upside the head. I raised my eyebrows at the man while Sonny walked into a different room, shutting the door. "I don't think that scolding your employees will keep them here."

       "No, no, it's fine." He explained. "You see, he's my cousin, so he kind of has to work here due as though I practically PAY FOR HIS LIFE!" He yelled towards the door Sonny went through. I heard the boy yell back 'you don't pay for my life, Usnavi!' The man in front of me--who I assume is named Usnavi--threw a rag onto the counter before extending his hand. I shook it gladly. "I'm Usnavi. Nice to meet you."

       "I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you too." I smiled at him, he returned it.

       Usnavi's expression changed from joyful to embarrassed. "I am so sorry, do you need help finding anything? I didn't mean to waste your time." He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck bashfully.

       "It's ok, really. I don't have anything going on right now so it's fine."

       "Are you sure?" He looked up at me, blush still contaminating his face.

       "I'm sure. I would, however, like to know if you have anything here that can be cooked quickly and easily? Me and my friend don't have much experience with cooking and we just moved here, so......"

       "Yeah, yeah we have beans right there," He pointed to the shelf of Goya beans. "There are some soup containers in the third aisle to your left, and I'm pretty sure that the cookies are in that aisle." He motioned towards the far left wall. I thanked him and picked out a couple things before walking towards the counter and placing them there.

       Usnavi smiled at me. "It's on the house." He pushed the stuff I picked out towards me.

       I shook my head and took out a twenty dollar bill. "No, I can't." I handed him the twenty. "Here, take the money."

       "It's on the house, Y/N."

       "Take the money, Usnavi."

       We continued to go back and forth, arguing whether or not I should pay for the food. We were so intrigued by our debate that we hadn't noticed that we had been slowly getting closer to each other. I shoved the money into his hands. "Take the money."

       He let go of the bill and placed the food into my arms. "I am doing this for you. Let me do this for the pretty client new to the neighborhood."

       "You think I'm pretty?" I moved away from him and crossed my arms, a smirk on my blush-stricken face.

       Usnavi's face turned red. "No its just that--" I raised my eyebrows. "Not that you're not pretty! You're very pretty!" He slapped his forehead. "Just take the stuff, please."

       "Alright, but only because you look adorable when you're flustered and because you called me pretty." I took the food, but secretly left the bill behind the cash register.

       Before I could walk outside, Usnavi stopped me. "Wait!" I turned around to see him blushing at his comment. "He raised a steaming cup of coffee, a dorky smile plastered on his face. "The coffee's free to any new resident here in Washington Heights." I reluctantly grabbed the cup, telling him that he's not allowed to give me anything else for free. All he did was chuckle. I took a sip out of my coffee once I left the bodega.

       I walked up the stairs that led to my apartment door, the lights on inside. When I walked in, F/N bombarded me with questions.

       She rushed over to me and smiled. "How did he act? I saw the both of you blushing! Don't deny it!"

       "How did you know that I was talking to Usnavi?"

       "His name is Usnavi? Hot." She dramatically fanned herself with her hand. "Tell me more. Was it love at first sight?"

        "You didn't answer my question."

       "The walls talk." I raised my eyebrows. F/N sighed. "I walked outside and spied on you two through the window."

       I rolled my eyes playfully at my best friend. "Yes, his name is Usnavi. No, it was not love at first sight." Although I said these words, I knew that they were untruthful, causing heat to rise up to my cheeks.

       "Liar!" F/N gasped. "You love him!"

       "No, I don't." I warned. "And don't be so loud. Nos van a correr por tus pendejadas." (They're gonna kick us out because of your dumb actions.)