°°Eighteen°°

The club lights flashed annoyingly on my already sober face. We've been in here for an hour and all Usnavi wants to do is sit at the bar and wait—'we'll dance in a second, just wait.' He seems to be expecting someone, though; someone I didn't know would be here.

       After thirty minutes past my sober stage, I grabbed my date's hand, dragging him towards the dance floor. "If we don't dance now, we never will, and then I'm gonna get bored and leave you here to wait at that Godforsaken bar."

       At first, Usnavi was prepared to protest against my choice, but he quickly shut his mouth once 'someone' walked into el antro. With the bright lights and alcoholic influence, I didn't even catch a glance of the new addition to all of these drunk dancers, but hey, whatever gets Usnavi on the dance floor is fine with me. Especially since I've been waiting for some action for an hour.

       I pulled Usnavi towards the middle of the room, placing his large hands on my waist and clutching into his broad shoulders. "Dance with me!"

       We pushed and pulled like a magnet would amongst the other couples—my date intentionally spun me around twice for my sake and so he wouldn't have to hear me internally groan. Yes, he has already begun to notice when I do stuff like that. I don't know how he does it, but it happens.

       She's got a new addiction for every day and night.

       She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain.

       She'll make you live her crazy life, but she'll take away your pain.

       Like a bullet to your brain.

       "C'mon!" I pressed my body closer to Usnavi, swaying my hips to the rhythm.

       She's livin' La Vida Loca.

       Usnavi kept sneaking glances towards the other couples in el antro, very rarely looking at me to see what he was doing—he stepped on me twice and didn't notice.

       Livin' La Vida Loca.

       Her lips are devil red and her skin's the color mocha.

       She will wear you out.

       Livin' La Vida Loca.

       He scowled at a couple for some damn reason, making him pull my body flush to his; I gasped at our sudden closeness. Usnavi is practically prone to doing anything sexual, so I'm not worried, but I am concerned. What the hell is so important over there?

       I shrugged off my worries and enjoyed the moment. When the hell is Usnavi ever gonna do this again? I might as well breathe this in while it lasts. He spun me around about five times before dipping me low enough for my h/l hair to touch the floor. This caused Usnavi's hands to end up directly above my, well, my ass. He blushed profoundly, pulling me up and holding me close in his arms while we continued to dance.

       In a funky cheap hotel.

       She took my heart and she took my money.