°°Seven°°

After Nina's dinner, eveuryone except for F/N and Rosie headed towards el antro. Usnavi clutched tightly onto my hand as we walked towards the club, the air becoming colder and slightly denser.

       Apart from the climate, everything was going my way--a good way. The bodega owner tensed up as we entered the club, the lights flashing colorfully.

       "Let's go dance." I pulled on Usnavi's arm in an attempt to bring him towards the dance floor. He didn't budge.

       "Uh-" He stuttered. "I-I can't." His hands began to sweat onto mine, creating a light layer of moisture between out hands.

       I raised my eyebrows. "Why not?"

       "W-Well, be-because I've been carrying very heavy Goya Beans lately, so my arms are sore." He overweened the situation by rubbing his arms, wincing when he reached a certain spot.

       "Alright."

       Usnavi smiled at me and looked around the dark club, the only source of light coming from the flashing lights.  "Damn, this is nice--I really like what they've done with the lights. So, the hot club in Washington Heights. You might be right, this music is tight." He scanned his eyes over my bidy, blushing a deep red when he noticed I was doing the same time him. "Yo, did I mention that you look great tonight? Because you do you really-"

       I placed my hands on his shoulders and shut him up. "Usnavi, relax."

       "Relax? Que 'relax'? I'm relaxed." Usnavi looked up and down the room five times. "So, have you ever been here before?
I don't go out I get so busy with the store. Y cada dia, it's a brand new chore. My arms are sore. No time for the dance floor. But maybe you and me should hang out some more. I'm such a dork, but I-"

       I grabbed Usnavi other hand. "Let's go get a drink."

       "Something sweet." He looked at me with doe eyes.

       "You know me, a little bit of sugar."

       I began to walk towards the bar, but a man took me by the waist and dragged me towards the dance floor; away from Usnavi. Due to my inability to be rude, I didn't question the man and danced with him. He had curly hair sitting on his head and was wearing a plum purple button down.

       The man spun me around as Usnavi watched, doing absolutely nothing about the situation. I thought he was supposed to be my date.

°°°°°°°°°°

       After a few minutes of dancing, the man finally let me go. I headed towards the bar and tapped Usnavi's shoulder. He turned around--looking at me with confused eyes. "I thought you were dancing with that dude." His speech is slightly slurred. Is he drunk?

       "Yo, Usnavi." I grabbed his arm as he leaned to the side a bit. "Are you drunk?"

       He put his thumb and his index finger together and squinted. "Just- just a little bit." He giggled. "I'm sober."

       "Are you sure?"

       "Yeah! I'm a-"

       A muscular arm snatched my hand and wheeled me around. And entirely different man smirked at me. "You."

       "Who 'you'? Who? Who? Who, me?" I asked sarcastically.

       "You wanna dance?"

       I glanced at Usnavi and shook my head. "Nah, man."

       "Ok, I took my chance." He shrugged it off.