°°Nineteen°° [Usnavi's Point Of View]

Author's Note-- I might just cry right now.

                                   Three Weeks Later

       I've tried talking to her, I really have, but every time I approach her she turns the other way and rushes back home. I never follow her, though, for I don't know what I would say. In fact, I don't know why I'm trying. If I don't know how to apologize to her, why should I even look for her anymore?

       The wet rag in my hand wiped away the built up dirt in the shelf in the bodega.

*DING*

       I dropped the rag. Maybe it's her! Maybe, for once, she'll come to me and forgive me! Maybe I'll finally be able to tell her how much I regret doing that to her. She didn't deserve what I did, but I did it anyways. I don't deserve her.

       My consuming thoughts were interrupted by F/N and little Rosie walking into the bodega. My hopes were raised high once more. "What can I assist you ladies with?"

       F/N scowled at me. "I just came in to buy Rosie a chocolate bar before we go back to work."

       "What are you working on?"

       "That's really none of your business." She grimaced, her knuckles Pauling from her tight girl on Rosie's small hand. "But, since you'll probably never see us again, I guess it doesn't matter."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. Never see them again? "What do you mean?"

       "We're moving back to Utah next week, so we're packing up our stuff. Maybe now Vanessa can move back into her old apartment and you and her can live happily ever after like the sick jerks you are."

       My eyes increased in size, making them look twice the size they usually were. They're moving? They're moving. No matter how much I repeat it in my head, I still can't comprehend it. They're moving.

       The cash register dinged as Sonny—who popped out of nowhere in particular—gave Rosie her chocolate bar and room the two dollars from F/N. The green eyed girl walked up to me, letting go of her mother's hand. She sniffled when I crouched down to her height. "I don't wike you anymore."

       "Wh-Why not, Rosie?" I questioned, my voice shaky in fear and sadness from her comment.

       "You made Auntie Y/N sad."