°°Fifteen°°

"Nothing in the world is gonna happen until you talk about 'mwah.'" F/N made kissing lips at me, scrunching up her face to emphasize the vigor of the kiss. Since the.......thing.......happened three weeks ago, F/N has been bugging me about it—Nina sometimes visits to not-so-discreetly ask me about it too.

       I groaned. "We didn't do anything, you're blind. Plus, if we had done something, the world wouldn't have stopped. Look at it! Everything is happening!" I stretched my arms out to engulf the air in my hand movements. F/N looked around the room and smirked. A low sound formed in my voice box once more as I realized that everything in my room stood still.

       "Y/N, until we talk about 'mwah', nothing is ever gonna happen.......again." At the end of her sentence, a little girl came frolicking into the room, her pigtails bouncing behind her.

       I quickly lifted her from the ground and planted my lips on her cheek. "Rosie! Mi rosa preciosa! What a surprise! I'm sure that you're gonna ask me something that will take up the rest of the day because everything is happening in the world!"

       The little girl raised her eyebrows at me—her mother did the same. The toddler rested her head on my chest and sighed. "Auntie Y/N?"

       "Yes?"

       "Do you love 'Snavi?"

       F/N squealed into the pillow next to her, her eyes wide in excitement. She wrapped her arms around her daughter. "Don't lie to my kid, L/N—I don't want her to have bad influences."

       "I-I," My eyebrows furrowed, causing a frown line to appear. Do I love Usnavi? I mean, we haven't talked about the.......thing.......since it happened, and he hasn't showed any signs of wanting to talk about it. It honestly makes me question whether it meant something to him. It sure as hell meant something to me. The little girl on my lap stared at me in expectancy, her big green eyes shining under the bright sun outside. I smiled. "I'll answer that question later."

       F/N frowned as when I lifted Rosie and placed her on her mother's lap. "Where are you going?"

       "I'm gonna sort out some things with Usnavi."

°°°°°°°°°°

       I stepped onto the last pace that led into the bodega; Rosie clung onto my shirt. She insisted on coming with me and F/N did not object. After a few minutes of arguing and dealing with Rosie's persistency, we finally decided that she would accompany me in talking to Usnavi.

       My heart banged against my chest, beats of sweat formed on my brow, reluctance coursed through me. Maybe I should turn back, he probably doesn't want to see me. Yeah, I need to go ho-

*DING*

        The familiar Goya beans on the right shelf came into view; so did Rosie, who was pulling me further into the bodega. Luckily for me, Sonny was at the counter, his lips moving slowly as he counted the money. The little girl squeaked. "Hi!"

        Sonny looked up from the wad of cash. "Hello Y/N! Hi Rosie!" The teen smirked. "Yo, Usnavi! Come out here!"

       "Sonny, I told you not to bo- Ay Dios." Usnavi walked into the room, bags under his eyes, button-down completely crumpled and tear-stained. He fixed his eyes on the floor. "Hello." What the hell has he been doing? He looks like he hasn't slept for days and when he does sleep, he cries during it.