°°Twenty-Four°°

Author's Note-- We've reached one-thousand views! I'm honestly very surprised since I didn't think anyone would actually read this story, due as though In The Heights was greatly relevant in 2008-2011, and we're now six years after that time period, so you could probably understand my reasoning. Anywho, I would like to thank all of my readers—I wouldn't have been able to do this without you guys. Also, I noticed that a lot of you had been waiting for the sexual scene last chapter. I didn't know you wanted it, since Usnavi isn't portrayed as a sexual character, but it was quite amusing reading those comments. Just for a bit of information, this book will not go past thirty-five chapters. This means that this book will be ending soon and the series of pain books will begin. Enjoy!

A sensitive yet strong type of pressure was applied to my stomach when I fidgeted under the white covers that had been placed above me the previous night—or hours, I'm not very sure. The muscular arms around me flexed slightly, the veins on them bulging just a tad. I didn't know carrying Goya products and gallons of milk had this effect on the human body.

       Groggy groans were mumbled into my bare back; I giggled at the rumbling sensation. I moved around as a way to face the man behind me. His hair was greatly disheveled and his hung-over eyes were closed tightly, the strangely dull sun shining on his eyelids. Usually, the sun would be blazing in through the dark curtains in any room, really, but the large star didn't seem to have the energy to shine bright.

       Usnavi's eyelids fluttered open, another grumble escaping his lips. He admired me with his large, brown eyes. "Hi."

       "We're laying in the same bed naked and all you can say is 'hi'?" I chuckled.

       His cheeks flushed a cherry type of red, the pupils that hid in his dark eyes dilating. Those void-like hues flickered down to my covered chest before rocketing up to my eyes again. He turned redder when he noticed I noticed his previous action. "S-Sorry."

       "It's fine, you don't have to be sorry or nervous." I teased. "You already saw them."

       We laid in his bed for a couple minutes, Usnavi's face still sustaining that deep red tinge. I felt something rub against my hand—a small brush towards it, more like. That something returned again, this time pressing digits onto my knuckles as my own fingers caressed the knuckles on the object.

 That something returned again, this time pressing digits onto my knuckles as my own fingers caressed the knuckles on the object

       My eyes darted towards the action happening just a few inches below my left hipbone. As if on cue, Usnavi and I looked at each other, our orbs moving in the same distinct rhythm, pupils enlarging drastically.

       Both hues got closer, the colors nearly merging to create the rarest color to form. Just imagine it: the combination between void brown and e/c. Something soft and warm and welcoming connected in the railroad of desire and nirvana. Sure, the two contrast each other drastically, for they are literal antonyms, but the combination is not as crazy as it seems.

       We've been desiring the same thing for weeks, nearly months, and now there is nirvana. There's nothing left to desire since everything has been fulfilled. Our thirsts have been quenched, unsolved problems finally disappearing and eventually leading us into a resolution.

       Our lips gradually unstuck themselves from each other; our foreheads rested against each other's. I trailed my hand up Usnavi's arms. He smiled. "Protegeme."

       "Protect me." His lips pressed against my cheek. "Abrazáme."

       "Hold me." My arms wrapped around his neck. "Quiéreme."

"Love me." I felt his hands pull me closer to his body, his breath fanning my face. "Bésame."

A smile played on my lips, one that has been waiting to be displayed for the longest time. "Kiss me."