°°Three°°

F/N held Rosie's hand while we walked around the neighborhood, hoping to meet people. F/N looked at me and frowned. "You need to score a date with Usnavi."

"No, I don't." I rolled my eyes at her. "You're the one that needs a man."

"Nuh-uh." F/N crouched down to Rosie's level. "Rosie, does mommy need a boyfriend?"

Rosie looked up at her mother and smiled, nodding her head joyfully. "Yes!" All my best friend did was look up at me and scowl while I laughed.

°°°°°°°°°°

I stepped into the salon, F/N and Rosie not too far behind me. The ladies inside immediately stopped what they were doing and looked at us. The one with orange-red hair raised her eyebrow. "Que? What do you need?" She has a very thick Spanish accent.

"It's 'cause there's a sign on your window that says 'Help Wanted', and me and F/N here are new to the neighborhood, so we need a job." I explained. "Can we work here?"

"Carla," called the woman, "Take off the sign from the window." She looked at me. "Perdon, we don't need help anymore."

I groaned. "Please, we really need this job. I'll do anything, any job position you need me in, I'll do it. Please?"

The girl—who I assume is Carla—looked at the woman, raising her eyebrows. The woman sighed. "You can work here. But if you mess up in any way, I will fire you. Understood?"

I nodded my head frantically and said a quick 'thank you' before heading outside with F/N and Rosie. Rosie trotted towards me and hid behind my legs, most likely hiding from something, or someone.

"Hey." I looked up from the little girl to see Usnavi smiling at me bashfully.

"Hi, Usnavi."

He tore his eyes from my face and instead placed them on Rosie. "Is she yours?"

"No, she belongs to her." I pointed at F/N. Rosie peeked her head from behind my legs and looked up at Usnavi with her large green eyes.

He crouched down to her level and smiled in a friendly way. "Hola." Rosie waved at him, still skeptical about the situation. This would be a cute moment except that Usnavi is mere inches away from my legs and F/N is practically squealing at that fact. He stood from his crouching position and blushed when he saw how close he had been to my body. "I-I'm sorry, I-I didn't know."

"It's fine, Usnavi." I told him, making him blush even more. F/N noticed this and pushed me towards him on 'accident'. I ended up clutching onto his shoulders for support as he lightly held my arms.

She picked up Rosie and gasped. "Sorry, Y/N, I was trying to get Rosie. Can you go buy something for Rosie? Candy bar or a lollipop will do, thanks!" And with that she speed walked away from us.

I looked at Usnavi. "I'm gonna go buy a candy bar from your bodega."

Usnavi grinned and blushed as he led me into the corner store. He took his position behind the counter and pulled out five different candy bars. There was a chocolate one, so I took it. I pulled out three dollars from my wallet. "How much?"

"On the house."

I groaned. "Usnavi."

"And you get a coffee for free as well."

"Usnavi." I took his hand and placed the three dollars on it. "Take the money." He opened his mouth to speak; I interrupted him. "Don't argue with me and keep the money."

He sighed and tucked the money into the cash register. The sound of the door opening made us turn to look at the door. The man from yesterday that almost helped me and F/N unpack walked inside, grinning when he saw Usnavi. "You ain't got no skills!"