°°Thirteen°°

The semi-cold air smacked my drunk face as me and Usnavi stepped out of el antro. His arm held onto my waist tightly while his legs attempted to support both of our weights. I giggled when the Dominican groaned. He seemed to be at war with himself, thoughts spurring around his mind and out his ears.

       His hands kept moving around--every action he made appeared reluctant, though. Usnavi sighed. "I'm sorry." His arms lifted my off the ground, one arm supporting the back of my knees and another lifting my back.

       A soft chuckle left my lips. "This is fun!"

°°°°°°°°°°

       The smell of coffee filled my senses as I stepped into Usnavi and Sonny's apartment. Unless it's still not Sonny's bedtime, there should be no reason to why he's up and asking me questions.

       The teenager edged closer to Usnavi, not-so-discreetly uttering. "What the heck happened to her? She looks like she saw was happens after someone eats your cooking." That earned Sonny a smacking upside the head from his older cousin.

       I looked around the apartment; sure, I've seen it before, but never through the eyes of a drunk. Every scarce picture of toddler-Usnavi appeared far cuter than when I first saw it, the dim lights in the room felt brighter than they really are, and Usnavi seemed much more handsome than usual. I walked towards him. "Usnavi, are you from Tennessee?" Cheesy line, I know, but it should work. My brain said if would.

       The bodega owner chuckled. "Y/N, we've known each other long enough for you to know that I'm from the Dominican Republic."

       A frown found itself onto my face, my lip sticking out of its original position.

       Sonny gaped at Usnavi. "Cheese and rice, cous, you are daft."

°°°°°°°°°°

       My body rested on the comfortable bed, sleeping clothes clad on my frame. The e/c pools that usually let me explore my surroundings were covered by my eyelids. Moments later, I fell into the void of sleep.