Prolouge

Prologue

It was a dreary day in Australia, it was cloudy, raining and cold. But we do not care for the weather, we care for the extraordinary girl. She lives on this hot terrain, and she loves it when it rains. Whenever it rains she runs outside to feel the water against her skin, it feels right to be in water, to touch water of her. She is called the water lover, the swimmer, that chick who loves rain, the girl who can hold her breathe for minutes on end, and the one who loves history and the Greek mythology.

Her mother knows different though, she knows why her young daughter loves water. Why she always wants to go to the ocean and swim during her free time. Secrets don't make good relationships, but to her mother secrets keep you safe, that is why she can't look at her daughter in the eye, why she does everything she wishes. Her mother knows that she hasn't grown to know her real father, she has grown to know a man who loves and cares for her, on her real Father's orders.

Her mother, Jane Edwards, didn't have a meaningful relationship with her real Father. There was nothing heart-felt in what they did, it was simply an attraction, which had led to other things, then had led to Jane having Pela, Greek for 'of the ocean'. Though when Jane had met Andrew she fell in love, and soon later had Pela, though after marriage she found out that Andrew was sent by Pela's Father to look after her. But given the circumstances they both fell in love with each other. And Pela came to know Andrew as her Father, and she loved him to bits, and always seemed to enjoy the water as much as she did.

Though the God of the Seas had sent his most loyal soldier to look after his daughter it still made his heart clench whenever he heard her call Andrew her father. Or even worse, Dad or Daddy. He wanted to be there with her, to be the one to teach her things, but since his mistake with his first born, his son, he wasn't permitted to have contact with her. But her loved her all the same, and her love for the ocean. She would go to the beach every afternoon, sometimes with her friends and family, but most of the time on her own. He found it amusing when she would scream at his waves, asking them , or him to 'bring it on'. He though it funny, especially when they would knock her over, then she would get back up and repeat what she had said before, but scream it. And also when she would try to karate chop or kick his waves. Resulting in her losing her balance.

Her love of the ocean came from her real father, her abilities definitely came from him as well. She liked water, and didn't mind chlorine but very much preferred the ocean, and the saltiness of it. But all this came to an end one night. She was walking home from another swim at the beach by herself. She had stayed a bit longer than she had meant to. She had come around half way to her beach house which she had lived in with her mother and father when she heard a screech, she had turned around and had seen a creature with ghastly wings and wore no clothes (it is a fury). It spoke to her, "Where are you going Poseidon's daughter? Come and play!"

Her legs had never moved so fast, she was running to her house. "Dad! MUM!" She screamed out to them. Her father came out from the house and saw the fury chasing her. He reached behind his back and pulled out a sword and ran at her. "TURN AROUND!" Pela screamed, trying to stop her father doing something crazy. He ran past her and she turned and saw that he was fighting the creature. It's head fell to the ground, it was all to much for her and she fainted onto the hard ground.

Andrew had to tell Poseidon about the attack. She was too young for them to come after her, he did what he knew he should have done ages ago. He walked into the house and saw Jane making some biscuits, she turned and saw her daughter unconscious in her husbands arms and knew it was time for her to join her real family.

Hours later they were in America, Long Island, New York. It felt wrong to leave her outside of the camp all alone in the forest, but the patrols would come around soon enough and spot her. So young Pela was left in front of Camp Half-Blood. Unconscious and all alone.

©copy rights 2014 goes to Rick Rordan . I own nothing I only own My O/C. Do not steal any ideas I come up with . The other quests that come up in other chapters well belong to me . I will make them up . Percy Jackson series / chapters Doesn't belong to me .