Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Just another quick note about this update, I am switching people in the teams for catch the flag. It fits with what the story needs, so bear with my guys, it will be worth it. And a surprise happens in the end, and for those that love Annabeth don't worry the bagging will stop soon, and everything shall be okayish. So on with the story.

~Pela's Point of View
We came to our positions, I was next to two boys, brothers. The Stoll brothers, Travis and Connor. Turns out that they are sons of Hermes, and found great amusement at my Hermes shoes. They had been in the infirmary when I was hurt from Annabeth's blow to the back of my head. They thought that I was 'gutsy and should do that more often'. I knew that they were referring to standing up to Gods, or even one God. But I simply despise Apollo, and Hades, well I don't have any quarrels with him yet.

I was on the Blue team, along with Travis, Connor, Will Solace Son of Apollo, the one who had argued with me in the infirmary, Jake Mason Son of Hephaestus and some others. Jake had been the one to offer the helmet to me in the first place, hearing from Leo what I had done, and how his Father was one of my favourite Gods.

So here I was standing in the front line, next to Trav and Con as they had told me to call them, holding my sword and shield. Percy had told me that his swords name is Riptide, so I decided to be interesting and name mine. My great swords name is called Kraken, legendary Sea Monster. One that I greatly respect and admire. Trav and Con had helped me name her, she is a she, and they said what was my favourite animal, my answer the Kraken, so that was decided to be her name. I just hoped that I got to swing her at some people, though I was quite worried that I may seriously injure someone.

Then we heard the war cry, and all Hell broke loose. I was running, my feet taking my toward the red helmeted demi-gods, deemed my enemy for the day and remainder of the game. My lungs and throat hurt, I was yelling along with the rest. Then we came together, slashing and knocking out whoever was in our reach. I slipped and slid past people, knocking them with the hilt of my sword, knocking them out, they wouldn't wake for the rest of the day, but this was war.

I was in a small clearing, looking out to Con and Trav, I saw Clarisse advance on them, they would have a hard time with her. Ditching finding the flag I ran back into the throng of bleeding, bruised and fighting demi-gods. Making my way swiftly toward Travis and Connor, intent on helping them. Clarisse was not expecting me, I descended on her from above, using a large rock nearby to launch myself toward her. Crashing into her back, taking her down. She quickly turned around, holding what seemed like an electrified spear in her hands. That wasn't good.

Then she swung, and it all went down hill for her.

Kraken and her spear made a deafening sound through the battle field. I parried as she went for my stomach, and I aimed to strike with my fist when she was withdrawing. Her spear came into contact with it first. I felt the tremors take over my body, water was the most dangerous to mix with electricity. And me being Poseidon's daughter meant that it had a larger scale effect on my body. Everything went fuzzy, but soon went so much clearer. I thought about where the electricity was, and where the most water was. I moved the water in my body, still thinking, and moved it to my hands. I moved back, Clarisse falling slightly forward, that was all I needed, I moved the water out as sweat and electrified Clarisse, the electricity fully leaving my body, and taking Clarisse down with it.

Her body slumped down onto the forest floor, making a dull thud. The war was still going on around me, though some Red helmeted people moved further away from me, but I didn't want them. I wanted the flag. Grabbing Kraken from where she fell when I was concentrating and running away from the main battle. Percy would be guarding it most likely with Annabeth, and some traps would be set around it. They had Leo and Jakes sister Nyssa, and by the way Jake had set up traps around our flag I knew there must be a trap there. Leo and Nyssa would be there to help the traps along, and Nico, I didn't have a clue where he would be.

Since Percy would be at his best he would be near water, that makes sense. And that just means I need to find a river. And I just found my river. Annabeth it is time.