Chapter Ten

First off I am really sorry for not updating yesterday like I promised, I had a lot on my mind and someone was stalking me and was freaking me out, but now that that is sorted I hope you enjoy this chapter. And WARNING: Contains mention of rape and abuse and attempted

suicide. Please DO NOT read if you are uncomfortable.

~Pela's Point of View

I had been here for hours, talking and listening with Aphrodite and occasionally Eros. I had also gotten through around half of the photos Aphrodite had given me. I had eliminated most of them, Eros pouted when I put him in the rejection pile, even going as far as to throw in a fake sniff. But if I was honest with myself I didn't want to put him there, I had to though, demi-gods and gods did not mix and most certainly didn't hook up. And I wasn't about to change that golden rule that no one had changed over a millennia.

I had learnt quite a lot about each of the gods and their weird habits. Like Hades and something about how he likes his hair and how he will only ever shower in his own and only use a special shampoo that was only made in the ancient times and always wined when he ran out of a bottle, Zeus and keeping his throne clean, not a speck of dust was allowed onto his 'marvellous and majestic' throne. And also curiously Apollo and his new behaviours. He would stare off into space and smile goofily, or even blush, and now that we knew what he was thinking I was also blushing myself. I could only imagine what he had seen.

Time passed very quickly and I wondered what my father and brother thought of this, were they worried? Scared? Concerned? What? I remembered the outraged look on my fathers face, how would he feel if he found out about my ex? He had treated me horribly, I hadn't lied to Percy or Leo about my scar on my leg. I was cliff diving, but I never would have gotten caught on the rocks. Daniel, he had been angry with me for blowing him off to go to a party the week before. We had been there with some other friends. I was talking to my friend Emma when he grabbed me, my friends all of them sat there and let it happen, they found it funny. He flung my body from the cliff and laughed as I screamed all the way down. I wasn't at the right angle, I crashed into the side of the cliff. I didn't land into the water. I fell onto a rock and laid there. They all had panicked and called an ambulance and lied to them, saying that it was my fault. Only one of the paramedics noticed the bruises on my hips shaped like fingers. We kept it a secret till this day. I shivered as I remembered his touch on me.

Daniel, he came into the room later on in the week, I had gotten better and was going to be let out of the hospital, I remembered his touch, his hands and what he did to me. I felt dirty then and I still do. He stole my maiden hood and then had gotten caught by the same paramedic. He had gotten away, his family was rich, they easily paid their way out. I suffered weeks after when I had gotten back to school. I had gotten teased and got called names, 'Whore', 'Slut' and there were more and worse. It had gotten too much, I had tried everything, ignoring and whatever the adults tell you to do, but the beatings got too much one day. I had walked to the same cliffs one evening and jumped. I landed in the water this time and fell asleep. I woke up on the shore, safe and my previous wounds fixed. I avoided the beach for months after.

It must have been Dad, I didn't know if he knew of my ex or what they did. I suspect if he did they wouldn't be here today. They might have been on the ocean floor, endless torture if he gave them an air bubble. The pressure unbearable, but they would still live.

I looked at Aphrodite and Eros, they both had twin concerned looks on their faces. "Dear why didn't you tell us?" Shit, I spoke out aloud again, voicing my thoughts. They knew everything now. "Sorry." I said looking into their eyes, they showed pity and awe at how I didn't try again at suicide. "How old were you?" Eros spoke quietly, like I was a frightened animal. "It happened 7 months ago. I had just turned 14." (A/N: I changed her age one year) I felt uncomfortable, all I wanted to do was cry. So I did. Aphrodite hugged me and we curled up on the couch and fell asleep there.