chapter 13

~ time skip to when you arrive at the office! ~

| Joey's POV |
It was Me, Y/N, Matthias, Bryan, Gunner, Connor and Mike in the main office area, we were going to play something like Mafia but with a nerf gun.
Kevin came from upstairs with the camera and was ready to film. We all grabbed a chair and sat around in a circle. I sat between Y/N and Bryan, our game master, also known as Mike shuffled a deck of cards and gave us all a card as Kevin started to record. (If I'm being honest, I have no idea what card defines you and I haven't played this before so bare with me here.)
I'm a murderer, in the game of course!
"Alrighty welcome to Battle Universe where we always have fun and get no work done, today we are playing Nerf Mafia... I've already given everyone their cards so we are ready to start!" Mike said the the camera.
"Make sure you check out our other battles too!" Y/N yelled towards the camera while leaning her head back. I laughed at her and she laughed too.
"Alrighty everyone close your eyes! If you're cheating I will kill you..." Mike said laughing.
"DO WHAT HE SAYS!" I yelled laughing while covering my eyes with my hands, everyone laughed and closed their eyes as well.
"Alrighty, no cheating! Would the two murderers open their eyes..." Mike said to the whole group. I open my eyes and saw that Y/N was the murderer too. Partners in crime I think... Y/N pointed to Connor, signalling Mike that she wanted to "kill" him. I also point to Connor.
"Now the murderers will close their eyes again!" Mike said, we did what we were told. For that round Mike told the Detective and the nurse (is there a nurse idk... XD) to open their eyes and we had no idea what was going on...

| Your POV |
"Okay you can now all open your eyes!" Mike said. We all opened our eyes and looked around the room.
"Okay now... I'm sorry Connor..." Mike said pointing a nerf gun to Connor. Mike shot Connor, Connor looked down to his lap and sighed. "Whyyyyy!" Connor said sadly but jokingly.
"Now... you all have 2 minutes to discuss the situation... go!" Mike said. Kevin was walking around with the camera while we were discussing and trying to find out the murderers... who knew that me and Joey would be partners in crime.
"I honestly think it's Y/N!" Bryan said laughing a bit.
"What me?! Why?" I said hopefully not sounding to suspicious.
"I have a gut feeling about it..." said Bryan narrowing his eyes.
"Now I think it's you, trying to blame me..." I said narrowing my eyes at Bryan but laughing at the end

~ time skip to the end of the game... ~

So me and Joey, the murderers, ended up getting killed in the game and for the rest of the day we were called "The Partners in Crime". It was now just the end of the day... I didn't vlog at all today which surprised me but I did upload a video featuring Matthias.
Joey and I were about to leave so I checked if I had everything...

Wallet, Keys, Laptop, Bag, Vlog camera and... my phone? I must've left it inside.

"I think I left my phone inside... I'll be back!" I said happily to Joey while kissing him on the cheek.
"Alrighty babe." Joey said back to me.
I quickly ran inside looking for my phone, I went into my office and saw my phone on the desk. I walk over to it and realise I got a text from my mother... I started to get shaky. I pick up my phone and look at my messages.
'Call me right now it's important...'
I started to become more nervous. I shakily call my mum while walking outside to Joey. My mum picked up the phone just as a I got to the door. She was crying..

"Hey mu- Mum? Are you okay?" I asked with a shaky voice. All I heard was sobs and Joey looked at me concerned.
"Y/N... I-" my mum stuttered, I started to feel tears in my eyes.
"Mum, mum it's okay..." I say calmly.
"Y/N... your father... he-he passed away..." my mother said. I froze.

The words ran through my head. He's gone... he is gone... the only person who supported me...
That's all I thought. I almost dropped my phone when Joey hugged me from the side.
Tears fell down my face. "I... is there going to be a funeral?" I asked with tears still falling down my face.
"We are going to work on it..." my mum said sniffling. More tears fell down my face.

"Thank you for telling me..." I said as I hung up. I fell to my knees and cried. Joey quickly went down on his knees still holding me.
"Shhh it's okay baby..." Joey said kissing my forehead. I just cried... I cried because I didn't know what to do. I looked up to Joey and saw that he was going to cry.
Joey lifted me off the ground and carried me to his car, he put me down in the passengers seat and put my seatbelt on for me.
He quickly ran over to his side and got into the car as well.
"Come on babe... I'll take you to my place so you can relax.. it's going to be okay." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I nodded with tears still falling down my face.

My father... the one who believed in me and my dream. He's gone...

Joey soon pulled up in his drive way, he got out of the car and quickly ran to my side. I look up at him while he held my hand to help me out.
He let's go of my hand and pulls me into a tight hug.

"My dad... He's gone... why..." I sobbed. He rubbed my back and held on to me tighter.
"It's okay Y/N... he was a wonderful man even though I have never met him, he was your world and you were his... he will be with us always..." Joey said as he pulled away from the hug to look at me in the eyes. He used his thumb to wipe away my tears. I smiled at him and saw that he had tears in his eyes. A tear fell down his face and I wiped it away, we both shared a kiss and we both went inside.

Joey may have not met my father or never got to know him but I could tell he liked him already. He makes me smile at my worst times. I love him so much. And I love my father so much.