The date thats not really a date

After class Ryan looks at his phone
12:07

"Fuck" he groans, sending a quick text to Spencer telling him he'll be late and to meet him at the restaurant instead of his dorm. He runs to his dorm building and takes a shower getting the stench of sweat and beer off of him then walks back to his room, picking out a Beatles shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans. He grabs his phone and checks his messages while walking out the door.

Spencer: hey Ryan my friends are pretty hung over so it'll just be me. I'm at the restaurant, table near the window see you soon:)

Ryan smiles at the message then mentally scolds himself. He didn't even know if the guy was gay, let alone single or god forbid homophobic. He shivers as he makes his way to the restaurant doors.

When Ryan walks in he's easily able to pick out Spencer from the crowd. He has a white Smiths shirt on and some blue jeans. His hair is fit into an LA SnapBack and he's scrolling through his phone.

Ryan nervously walks to the table.

"Hey finally! Nice to see you" he smiles and stands up to hug Ryan. Ryan would usually be uncomfortable but he savors the moment hugging back.

Spencer pulls away and grins "so as you know I'm Spencer. I'm a performance major here I play drums."

Ryan almost let's out a whimper because oh god this guy couldn't be more perfect.

"Where are you from?" Ryan asks hoping the boy in front of him will let out some indication of wether or not he's single.

"Georgia. I got accepted and moved here with my band."

Fuck he got more perfect, Ryan thinks to himself.

"Band?" He grins

"Oh yeah I love playing. Though when we moved we lost our guitar player he went out of country. So we're trying to find a new one."

"Well that's kind of why I'm here," Ryan smiles behind his coffee cup. "I'm a guitar player without a band. I'm also really good with vocals."

"Oh shit that would be amazing! I'll talk to the guys but I'd love to have you come in for an audition." Spencer exclaims.

"Really? Well I'd love to... fuck I'm going to be late for my next class... we need to hang out again I'll text you okay?" Ryan smiles softly standing up and immediately being pulled into another hug.

"See you later Ry."

"Bye Spencer."