Chapter 5 : One Important Decision

'Kongpop, what are you doing?', - Arthit sent.

'I'm just finished shower, P'Arthit. You? Had dinner?', Kongpop sent.

Kongpop looked at the clock on the phone. It's 6.30PM.

'I'm doing my task. I didn't. Wanna go here?', - Arthit sent.

'Yes, P'Arthit. I'll be there soon', - Kongpop sent.

After he's getting ready, he's out of his dorm immediately. Once he knew that Arthit didn't have dinner, he decided to buy some meals first, 'cause he knew that Arthit wouldn't have times to buy by himself while he's doing his task.

Kongpop knocked the door once, then Arthit's face showed up immediately.

"Kongpop, I forgot to ask you for help, buying some dinner, but..", Arthit talked fast once he saw Kongpop.

"I already bought it, P'Arthit",

"Oh.. Thank God", Arthit sighed, as he saw 2 food boxes that Kongpop brought.

Once Kongpop entered the room, he saw many books scattered. No wonder he looked at Arthit's face was a bit messy too.

"Kongpop, are you hungry yet?"

"Not really, P'Arthit. But if you wanna eat now, then I'll eat too.."

Arthit looked flustered.

"Let's eat, then.. I'll get this books tidy first".

As Arthit working on his book, Kongpop prepared the dinner.

"P'Arthit, about your task, is there anything I can help?", Kongpop offered, once they started to eat.

"Mmm.. Actually, I need to summarize some topics, I already highlighted from the books. Wanna help to type it on notebook?"

"Of course, P'Arthit. I'll take my notebook later".

"But Kongpop, don't you have task too?"

"I already done it after 1st class ended, P'Arthit. Nothing to worry."

"Okay.."

Kongpop's smiling face made him a bit relax. It's just about the right time where he felt thankful for having Kongpop. It doesn't mean that he wanted to take advantage from Kongpop, but.. he knew for sure that Kongpop would help him just because.. they love each other.

They finished the task around 11.15 PM. A lot to do actually. But there's Kongpop who helped, everything's done faster.

"Kongpop, wanna go bed now?"

"You want me to sleep over, P'Arthit?"

"You wanna go back to your dorm? It's already 11PM".

"Oh.. Of course I'd rather staying here, P'Arthit".

Once the lights off, they covered themselves with the blanket. It's just the perfect time to.. have another talk.

"Thanks for the help, Kongpop.."

"Anytime, P'Arthit. Maybe I'll ask for help too if I had some task".

"Yeah, just let me know.."

There's silence about 1 minute. Arthit turned his body toward Kongpop.

"Kongpop, maybe tomorrow afternoon, or Wednesday morning, I'll go out of town for another task. About a week maybe".

Now Kongpop turned his body to toward Arthit.

"Okay, P'Arthit."

Arthit felt the touch on his hair, the gentle touch from Kongpop. Then.. a kiss on his forehead. He closed his eyes for a while, feel the warm. It's just, some moments he would miss while he go.

"Kongpop.. Are you sleepy yet?"

"Not really, P'Arthit. Why?"

"Mmm.. Since our dorms close enough, I was just wondering if.. what about we live together".

"Really, P'Arthit..?"

Kongpop shocked, in a happy way, actually.

"Yeah, if you want to.."

"Of course I want it too, P'Arthit.. It means, we can save our money for other things, and.."

"And what..?"

"And I can take care of you more carefully, every minute.."

In the dark, Kongpop could see Arthit's smiling face. So bright.

"So, I'll tell the owner by the end of this month I'll move. I guess your dorm is better than mine, Kongpop".

Kongpop nodded. Without any objection. He would agree in every single Arthit's decision, in positive way.

"P'Arthit, do you remember, when you had punishment to run 54 laps, I was there to.. bother you.."

"Yes, how could I forget it.."

"Don't you know.. How worried I was?"

Arthit stared at the eyes of the man in front of him. Trying to understand what this talk heading to.

"All I know is.. you didn't listen to my order, Kongpop."

"For letting you to keep running?"

"Yeah.. You're so... stubborn, Kongpop".

"I didn't know you're that bothered. Maybe I was wrong to show up that way, P'Arthit."

Arthit took a deep breath. He felt.. somehow guilty, if he remembered all the things in the past between him and Kongpop. He didn't know how to say in the right way, to clear those things up.

"Kongpop.."

"Yes, P'Arthit.."

"I'm so lucky for having you.."

Somehow, there were tears coming down from Arthit's eyes. Just a drop. But it's worth to fall as this moments go quite sad, but happy at the same time.

"P'Arthit.."

Once Kongpop saw the tears, he wiped it away. He didn't want this thing happen to the man he loved. Never meant to make him sad by saying those things before.

"Kongpop.. I'm sorry, I was too late realizing all the things you do in the past. I never knew that you cared that much. Even once you go here when I'm sick".

"Please stop, P'Arthit.."

"No. Let me finish. Once you told me that you had feeling for me that night, I was in a mess, totally. You don't know how confused I was that time. My friends felt that I changed suddenly, into somebody else that they didn't know. Or even when I talked to Namtarn, she said that there's a girl who had crush on you, but suddenly I found it weird that I don't want that girl for having you. Namtarn said that, I understand you that much. I don't know what kind of feeling that was. All my head was full of you since then. Then I met you in the milk-stand, and you were ignoring me. I was like.. shattered that time. I was shattered, Kongpop."

Kongpop saw another tears falling down. He can't help it.

"Do you know when we met in the wedding, I tried to reach you. I was trying, Kongpop. But, you seem so far away even though you're just 1 inch from me. I would never can say thanks enough to P'Tum, who clear up my mind. Then yeah.. I found you, then we talked."

"There's a moment when I wanted to see your eyes as long as possible when we had dinner after the wedding. That time I knew for sure, that I can't live without you, Kongpop.."

Then there's only sound of ticking of the clock between them for a while. Kongpop stared at Arthit's eyes, for a long time. He didn't know for sure what to answer, in the right way.

"I love you, P'Arthit. I really do."

There's a smile on Arthit's face. His heart was.. free, all the things he hold for all this time, just out of his chest.

"Thanks for letting me come to your life, P'Arthit."

"Me too, Kongpop. Thanks for caring me all this time."

Kongpop pulled Arthit's body, letting him to lean on his arms.

"Good night, P'Arthit..", he said, as giving the last kiss on Arthit's forehead before they fall asleep.