Chapter 27 : A Day In The Future

Arthit and Kongpop sat in the lounge in Bangkok Court. They would have a court hearing about the decision of the adopting at 10AM.

It's been a month since the last visit from the orphanage to their house. Everything went well, as they prepared the whole things carefully. Arthit felt so thankful for having P'Win who always guide him to pass it all without any significant problems.

The hearing went so fast actually. The judge asked Arthit and Kongpop some questions: where they live, where they work, whether they're ready or not to take care a baby, and whether be able to provide for the child's needs. Then the jugde asked for the child's attorney's opinion whether this is the best thing for the child, then it was over. It lasted no more than 30 minutes.

Then they got a certificate and took a picture with the judge and people from the orphanage. Just like P'Win said, it was really no big deal, it was really just something that they have to do to have it all.

"Congratulation, Mr. Arthit, Mr. Kongpop. I'm so happy to know that finally baby Fluke would have the best parents that he could have..", Madam Pang congratulated them.

Arthit and Kongpop shook her hands back, in smile. Without her help, they wouldn't make it as easy as they thought.

"Now, baby Fluke is waiting for you two in the orphanage..", Madam Pang added.

"Thank you, ma'am..", Arthit answered.

Kongpop hold Arthit's arm during the walk to the car. This is another precious moment of their life.

15 minutes later, they arrived at the orphanage. Once they entered the main lobby, baby Fluke is waiting, for real.

He's already all set. Once Arthit came to him, the baby recognized him inmediately. No wonder, for the last 5 months, he often to visit him, as one of the requirement of adopting procedures.

Arthit hold him, although the baby is able to walk by himself, but it's just about the precious moment for him to hug the baby.

"Baby Fluke.. Come to papa Arthit..", he kissed the baby gently. After around 6 months since the first time he met the baby, he always imagined about this day would happen.

He looked at Kongpop, whose eyes were a little bit teary, but in a smile face.

"Daddy Kongpop, wanna say hello to baby Fluke?", Arthit asked, without leaving his smiling face.

Kongpop reached them, as he hold baby Fluke from Arthit's hand. He kissed the cheeks of the baby, gently. He could feel the warm of a little baby in his hold, as he saw a tears fell down from Arthit's eyes, which he wiped it immediately.

Madam Pang, who saw it all, also couldn't help herself. She already saw such thing many times before, and she's getting used to it, even more she's always crying to see it.

Around 10 minutes later, after all of them could calm themselves, Madam Pang reached Arthit and Kongpop.

"Mr. Arthit, Mr. Kongpop, let's take a picture together again..", she asked.

"Yes, ma'am..", Arthit answered.

After taken the pictures done, and all the documents finished to care, they left the orphanage and went back to their house in Chanthaburi.