Chapter 20 : When Kongpop Become CEO

Kongpop opened his eyes, he looked at the clock, it's 6.15AM.

"Kongpop, son.. Have you awake?", his mom appeared on the door.

"Yes, mom..", he answered.

"Good. Get ready now.."

He saw around his room at his house. The room that he's been living until he's 18, then he left it for 4 years while he went to college. Then he came back to live in that room for about 4 years now.

He's 26 now. And today, another big day came to his life. He would be assigned as a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at the factory.

"Good morning, P'Arthit.. Wake up.. It's a new day..', he sent a message to his 8-years boyfriend.

A minute later there's a reply.

'I already woke up.. Having breakfast now..', Arthit sent.

'So early, P'Arthit..', Kongpop sent.

Then Arthit took a picture of his breakfast and sent it to him. A hotel-breakfast one.

'Looks yummy, P'Arthit.. Feed me...', Kongpop sent.

'There I sent you the picture.. Eat it..', Arthit sent.

'Umm.. Wish I was there. Are you ready for today?', Kongpop sent.

'Umm. There's no way I'm not ready..', Arthit sent.

'Good. I've got to go shower, P'Arthit. Mom's waiting for me', Kongpop sent.

'Okay..', Arthit sent.

Kongpop turned off his phone. He took a towel and went to the bathroom.

Well, many things happened 4 years ago. Kongpop graduated from Industrial Engineering in 4 years, then he worked at the factory in his hometown since then. As his mom asked before, that he needed to learn fast at the factory, so he could take over the factory, 'cause their parents were old enough to handle the factory. They needed a new young power, which should be his own son. And now, it's that big day.

As for Arthit, he still worked at the biggest electronic company in Bangkok. 5 years he was a junior staff, and for the last 2 years he's a senior staff. And now, he registered himself into Management Development Program, an offer from his company for senior staff who wanted to be a manager. 2 years of being senior staff is quiet new, though. But he tried it right away, he's got that good feeling that it's the right time to take that offer. The program took him and others to have 2 weeks intencive class, which they should lived in a hotel. So, for the last 2 weeks they hadn't met.

And yes, for the last 4 years, both of them lived separately for 250km, between Bangkok and Chanthaburi, Kongpop's hometown. The times to meet each other now getting fewer and fewer, but it's more like quality time that they needed. Once in 2 weeks was more than enough, even mostly they made it once in a week, according to both business.

As their commitment before, that being in relationship is not about to meet everyday, everyhour and every minute. At least, they already had live together in their first 1,5 years of their relationship. Those times, was more than enough to know each other, and made their love stronger. And then for the next 2 years, they learnt to live separately, but still in one city, Bangkok. Obstacles came and go those time. As for the last 4 years, it's getting far to live separately in different city, it's just one little obstacle for them. They strong enough to face such thing. Good communication and trust, that's the only key.

*****

"Kongpop, son. As we talked before, today we'll meet a public notary to renewal of our company structure. I'm sure the draft we learnt yesterday was clear enough for you. Is there anything you want to ask, son?", his mom asked once they're breakfast.