Guardian Wolf? Pt.1

Last chapter||
~ "No, she's not on her period." I give them a look on disbelief.

After what I just told them, that's what they ask, mood swings?

"We don't mean it like that, we mean like if there is a time where she acts differently than her usual self Sammy." Billy says.

I growl lowly at the name but shake my head in reply.

"No, she's completely normal. Why?" I ask in annoyance and curiosity.

I am a bit worried, but I'm more curious at this point.

"Watch out for her Sammy, she may be close to shifting." ~
______________

I for once am completely speechless. I don't know what to say.

"My sister.. shifting?" I ask Billy.
He nods and I continue

"You must be out of your mind billy, how can my sister shift when there is no trace of any shapeshifting DNA in her?!" I question, rather harshly. But, can you blame me? I mean, no other shapeshifter out there would dare to even wish this fate upon another person.

"It is possible Sammy. She might not have the scent of a shapeshifter right now, but —" I cut him off with a heated glare .

"But what Billy?!" I snap. He doesn't even seem a little fazed by my behavior and sighs.

"But she could be one. She could be the one." He mutters the last sentence to hisself, but with my enhanced hearing, I easily caught it and snapped my head towards his direction.

"What'd you say?" I could barely even recognize my voice. It didn't even sound like me, and just sounded like I was barely even keeping my anger in.

I could see him contemplating on telling me or not. I knew he was reluctant but I guess he knew that I wouldn't give up for the answers any time soon so he decided to open his mouth

"The legend — the legend of (Zelda jk) Angeni Kimi." I stare at him like he had grown five heads.

"Angeni Kimi? Is that some type of dog that I didn't know about?" I ask him in all seriousness. I didn't know what that word was. I never even heard of it.

He gives me a look that basically says
-your-an-idiot-. Then sighs and shakes his head

"No, no. It's a legend—" he goes to explain but I do what I do best. I cut him off.

"If it's a legend, then how come we haven't heard of it? I mean it is a tribe secret." I state as if it were a fact. It probably was. But he shakes his head disagreeing.

"That's the point —which I would get to— if you weren't constantly cutting me off in the middle of my explanation." He gives me a sharp warning glare which I admit was kind of intimidating.

"Anyways, it's never been spoken of because it was never a tribe secret." I give him a confused look, "this legend doesn't come from a tribe. Why? Because it wasn't from a tribe in the first place. Its believed that the Angeni Kimi herself was an angel sent down from god to protect the people around. In her time of protecting, she was given one request." He hesitates before continuing. ", she were to protect them, even if it cost her own life."

Silence.

He looks at me but I was at loss for words.

"Uh, do you have anything to say son?" He asks me. I give my full attention to him and asked in a very angry voice, I barely even recognized as mine.

"Yes, how the hell is Shei in any of this?!"

__________•

Sheilana Uley

"Paul, what are you doing?" I question the big wolf who is currently leaping like a frog below me.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm acting like a frog." He grumbles; glaring at the ground.

"I mean, why are you doing that?" I question.

"Because Jared is an idiot." Like I didn't already know that. Sorry jar.

"So you lost a bet?" I understand it now.

They're always making bets between each other and doing silly punishments for the one who loses the bet.

Paul lost.

"I didn't lose anything! Jared clearly cheated." He's lying. I smirk.

"So, Jared lost?" Trying to clarify it.
He eyes me warily as he sees the smirk plastered upon my face.

"Why are you asking." He dodges my question and I just shrug.

"Just making sure."

"Okay? But yeah, Jared cheated on this one." I sigh. He can't just admit it already.

"As you insist. JARED!!!" I tell his name as I see him a few feet away from us. He snaps his head to me before kissing Kim's head and heading towards us in a sprint.

"What's wrong." He didn't even break a sweat. Normal people would— then again— he isn't really normal.

"Did you cheat on the bet?"

"What be-" he looks at Paul and his face morphs into realization. He smirks then after. ", ohhh, that bet." He shakes his head and lightly chuckles.

"Why would you accuse me of cheating dear Paula?" He teases and Paul growls menacingly.

"Paul why would you li- ow!" I feel a sharp pain in my abdomen as I tried to make out my sentence. That catches the boys attention and they both rush over to me as I crouch over.

"What's wrong?" They both ask in worry. I'm pretty sure that they were thinking how Sam would have their heads if he heard that I were hurt.

"Its- its nothing. I'm fine." I assure them but Jared reaches over to hold me up. He immediately retracts his hand;hissing as if it struck him with lightning.

"What happened to your skin?!" I give him a confused look, he continues ", its scorching hot.  As if it were in fire. I mean, my body heat is nowhere near normal, but yours is above my scale right now." His body heat is above normal. But that's because he's a wolf.

But I'm not a wolf.

"What?" Paul reaches out to my arm and lets it stay there for a few seconds.

"I think it cooled down. It's getting a little warmer." Jared reached out to touch it with his hand and I could see the little red marks on his palm. I mentally cringed, it was starting to become purple.

I guess my body heat did cool down because Jared kept it there for a little while longer.

"What was that?!" He questioned loudly after inspecting my arms and forehead if there were any signs of unnatural body heat.

That's what I want to know.

________________

A/N: suffering from the worst case of writers block right now. ^sighs ☹️