burgundy eyes

Happy 4th of juLIE🎉

Sheilana Uley
"Welcome to the pack bro" Paul pats Embry's back with a massive grin plastered on his face.

Embry gives him a look of annoyance and turns away from him. His eyes land on me and his eyes widen.

"Are you one too?" I nod and laugh when his jaw slacks. He turns to Sam with a look.

"How is she a wolf when you clearly said that only males can phase?" Sam lifts his eyebrows and shrugs

"She's ..unique I guess." Embry groans

"How?" Sam shrugs once again not knowing the answer himself.

"Anyways, welcome to the pack you two," Paul and Jared both howl and Sam continues "you both will start patrolling the area so I'll have to give you both your schedules. One rule you need to know is that we can never harm a human. We are shifters and our job is to protect humans, not harm them. But the number one rule is to never expose what we are."

"How would we do that exactly?" Embry says. Sam gives a pointed look to the both of us.

"You both will not interact with anyone besides the elders, and this pack."

"What, why?" I asked my words coming out harsher than I wanted.
"We can't take the risk." He says with his jaw clenched

"The risk, what risk!" I raise my voice slightly angry. "You just don't want me having friends. What stupid risk are you talking about !" I honestly don't know why I'm acting up. His head snaps in my direction and fixates a nasty glare.

"The risk of phasing!" He snaps at me and I flinch at his tone. I look at the floor as my eyes sting with tears from his voice that held pure hatred. I couldn't believe that it was directed at me. I hear him release a sigh.

"Shei-" Just as he was about to say my name I was already bolting through the door as the tears started flowing down my cheeks.

I wasn't even angry at him, I was hurt. It felt like he hated me by the tone of his voice. I felt like I said something wrong, but all I did was ask a simple question.. with a little bit of attitude. But it wasn't my fault though, I couldn't hang out with anyone except the ones who knew about the pack. That meant I couldn't hang out with Bella anymore. Whatever.. it's not like she would want to hang out with me since she has Edward to keep her company.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't know where I was going. I looked around and all I saw were trees surrounding me. I sighed and sat against a tree beside me. I didn't know why my tears would not stop.  I didn't know how long I sat there for it was already dark outside and I already cried a river. The sky was pitch black but the moon was casting some light. I didn't even care if I had to spend the night here outside the woods. I didn't want to face Sam right now. I felt my eyes dropping in exhaustion from crying so much and the only thing that I was thinking that night before I completely blacked out was..

He didn't even go after me

The last thing I saw though..

Were those burgundy eyes that shone brightly in the dark with a malicious grin casted on the figures lips.

                            •    •    •

Third persons pov

He lets out a sigh and continues pacing  around the living room. Emily gives him a sympathetic look and walks over to comfort the worried alpha. 

"She'll come around Sam" she reassures him with a hug. He instantly relaxes by his imprints touch but is still worrying on the inside.

"She's been gone for hours Emily" he points out.  "I gave her time to cool down like you said but I'm worried em." He sighs and runs a hand over his face. Emily frowns in realization that something could be wrong. She goes to say something when a howl is heard and Embry barges in the house.

"Paul says there's a leech wandering around our side." He says. Sam furrows his eyebrows but then his face morphs into a face of fear. Embry looks at him with concern when he sees that Sam's face literally turns pale in point three seconds.

"SHEI!" Sam yells and runs out; quickly phasing. In his wolf form, he runs where the scent of the unknown 'leech' is at.

"Paul where you at?"
"Right here." Sam turns his head to see Paul running beside him with Jared and Embry following in the back.

"Shei could possibly be in dan-" Sam takes a whiff of the air and he could smell Shei's scent. He instantly knew that she wasn't alone. Her scent was mixed with the disgusting smell of one of those bloodsucking leeches that the quileute wolves hated. Their pace sped up once they knew that one of their pack members, the alphas sister, was in danger. 

Once they got there all Sam could see was red.. he spotted the figure of a newborn vampire towering over his sister's sleeping form with a look that says it all.. he found his prey.

                           •     •     •