Wait.. You're serious

- Unedited -
-@ilovepietromaximoff   Ty for the suggestion:)

Sheilana

After the flight back from Italy, I headed straight here with the three because I simply didn't want to face Jacob just yet. And I'm glad I did because Esme's cooking is to die for.

"This burger is delicious Esme." I praise her cooking and she smiles in return,  just as Rosalie's nose  scrunches up in what I already assume to be disgust.

Just when I was about to start up a conversation with Rosalie I was interrupted by the voice of Bella Swan.

"You all know what I want. And I'm sure you know what Edward thinks, too. I think the only fair way to decide is for everyone to have a vote."

Edward didn't seem to be too happy and I noticed how Rosalie clenched her fists.  Bella hadn't noticed the sudden stiffness in the air- if she did then she just chose to ignore it and continued.

"Bella-" Esme started, but was cut off.

" I want you to vote yes or no on the issue of me becoming a vampire."

"Hahaha, funny one Bella", When no one laughed I was instantly confused and on the edge of my seat "Wait- you're serious?"

I was at a loss of words with my jaw slacked and eyes wide as saucers. She didn't even look at me and turned to Edward instead, and that actually hurt me.

"Do you want me to join your family?"She asked Edward

"Not that way. You're staying human." He replied with a firm voice.

"Alice?"

"Yes." Nonononono, Alice why?! 

She turned to Jasper next and I could only hope for the rest of them to say no. In the corner of my eye I could see Edward nod, agreeing with me.

"Jasper?"

"Yes," he said and I felt my hope slowly diminishing.

"Rosalie?"

She hesitated, biting down on her bottom lip. "No."

I let out a nervous breath and murmured a silent thank you to her, which she probably heard anyways.

"Let me explain," she continued. " It's just that this is not the life I would have chosen for myself. I wish there had been someone there to vote no for me."

Bella nodded slowly, and then turned to Emmett.

"Hell, yes!" He grinned.

Edward would have been laughing by now at the mean glare I was giving Emmett if it weren't for the situation we were in right now.

Bella looked at Esme next with pleading eyes.

"Yes, of course, Bella. I already think of you as part of my family."

"Thank you, Esme," She said and turned toward Carlisle.

Carlisle was looking at Edward.

"Edward," he said.

"No," Edward growled.

"It's the only way that makes sense," Carlisle insisted. "You've chosen not to live without her, and that doesn't leave me a choice."

Edward left the room abruptly.

"I guess you know my vote." Carlisle sighed.

"Thanks," Bella said and immediately went after Edward. She didn't even spare me a glance and it was like I wasn't even there.