Chapter 9

*1 month later*

*Phil POV*

I've been thinking, if I could make this 'family' thing work that me and Dan have, couldn't I make it much more serious. I love what we have and I'm in love with Dan, he made me better, he's my other half. I look over at my clock and it reads 10:45 a.m.

I get up carefully trying to not wake Dan up and I put on my glasses. I get dressed and brush my teeth, I head out the door. Was I really going to do this? Yes of course I was. I asked my self while walking into the door of the jeweler store. My eyes were instantly drawn to this beautiful black ring with two rubies on either side of the diamond in the middle. A guy approached me, "Would you like any help today sir?" "Um, I need an engagement ring for my uh boyfriend. I was looking at this one, I think I will take it." He nodded and smiled. "Ah, this one is is wonderful. Here, let's take this over here and the ring is all yours." He walks over to the register and I follow, he tells me price and bloody hell, that's expensive.

What do I say to him? When am I going to ask? I'll ask Daisy, she would know.

*Daisy POV*

I have been thinking about how my life could be with Kayla. Could we be together? Were we ever going to see each other again?

She is all that ever goes through my brain, she makes me feel things I never felt, she makes me think of things I never thought. The more I think about how she loves me makes me think, did she ever love someone else? Is there more than just me?

I want to be with her, I really do. She makes me smile just by reading the letter over and over. She makes me feel tingles even when I think of our kiss. She is truly amazing.

"Hey Daisy, I need you to hide something for me but first I have questions." Phil said pulling me out of a thought whole. "Uh, yeah sure. What is it?"
"I uh, are you happy to be mine and Dan's adopted child?"

"Phil stop stalling. Ask me the real question. I am proud of you two and you know I think of you as parents."

"I uh, do you think that I should ask Dan to, um, marry me?"

"OMG YES PHIL ARE YOU CRAZY I WILL HI-" He cut me off so Dan wouldn't hear. His face was red and he was laughing, so was I to be honest. How embarrassing, damn you inner fan girl.

"Here, hide it." Phil whispered and gave me a smile as he handed me a small black box.

It was real. Phan was actually about to happen, and stay together.

Dan POV

I woke up to the sun shining through the blinds, which isn't surprising for someone who wakes in the afternoon. It's all quiet and then I hear Daisy scream.

"OMG YES PHIL ARE YOU CRAZY I WILL HI-" only her voice got cut off at the end which made me curious. Phil wasn't beside me, and why would he be in there with Daisy?

What was going on in there? Out of curiosity, I stood and walked over to her room and I knocked softly on the closed door.

"Hi Dai, can I come in please?" I asked in a polite tone trying not to sound like an ass that just got woken up by screaming.

"Uh yes dad. Sorry for waking you." I hear Daisy as she walks and opens the door. Dad? This is new. I mean I like it but what triggered it?

Phil cups his hands around my face and kisses me on the forehead.

"We have a big day ahead love."