Chapter 12

*Dan POV*

I wake up when I hear the door open, thoughts flood through my mind. 'Is there a burglar?' 'Where is Daisy?'

I get up slowly trying not to disturb a sleeping Phil curled up next to me. I grab the bat from under the sofa, and yes a bat. Why not. I walk slowly to the door and I hear a gasp.

"Daisy?" I whisper loudly trying not to startle her.

"Uh, hi Dad. You should read this.." she trails off and moves out of the door way. Is that a child? Oh my gosh, where did it come from.

"Dan, would you take the letter. You would be less confused." She smiles at me.

I read the letter. Phil has a daughter? She's 2 years old so why hadn't the mum brought her sooner? Me and Phil weren't together then but, I had no idea he went to bars or parties. I never thought he would actually ever get drunk enough to do that. Wow.

I turn around and see Phil. He stares at the now awake baby, his face paler than usual. Maybe he knew?

*Phil POV*

I wake up and no Dan or Daisy is by me. I hear whispering by the front door so I follow and find Dan and Daisy with the door open.

There it was. A small child waking up, looking at me with bright blue eyes.  I could tell the child was a girl with her straight black hair in a very tiny pony tail on the top leaving the rest to fall. She was really pretty. But why did she seem so familiar? It's like I have a connection with this child.. it's not even my child, how do I feel this way?

Dan turns around and looks at me. He hands me a small piece of paper and Daisy picks up a file folder.

As I read the letter I can't believe I have a daughter. The one time I go out
because I wanted to release some anger. I remember the situation clearly.

~~Flashback~~

Maybe I have a chance? No. If I want to get over Dan this will just have to work.

I leave Dan a note on the counter, grab my keys and head out the door.

I pull into his driveway and take a deep breath.

'What if I can't get my mind off him?'

'Do I even want to go through with this?'

'Why can't I have who I want?'

He will just have to do for now. I tell myself and knock on the door.

"Hey Phil, what's up?" Pj asks me and I give him a fake smile.

"I just wanted to talk to you." I tell him.

He side steps and let's me through the door and we get into the lounge and sit.

"So uh peej, I'm sorry for what I'm about to say in advance."

Pj gives me a comforting smile and puts a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay mate, no matter the case I'll be here just tell me."

"I'm uh, gay."

"Okay, is that all?" He laughs at me, he don't even know what I'm about to do.

"I uh have liked you for a while."

Pj gives me a blank look then I hear Chris's voice from a back room.

"Babe, whose here?"

"Oh it's just Phil, he came to tell me he has a crush on me." Pj tells Chris who is now standing in front of him.  Pj's blank look turned into one of complete anger. Chris close his eyes before pointing a finger at the door.

"Get out of my house Philip. You aren't welcome here. How DARE you come in this house and tell my boyfriend that you have a stupid crush on him acting all innocent. Go. GO." Chris sternly tells me.

I stand up and Chris smacks me in the face as hard as he can and I ignore it. I walk past him and out the door.

All I can process right now is harmful things. Drugs, self harm, alcohol.

There's a bar around the block, I'll just go there. It's less likely for Dan to find out.

I get to the bar to be met with a pair of beautiful brown eyes and curly brown/black hair. She was gorgeous. Not like Dan.  But I push that though out of my head.

"Well hello there, your a new face." She says and gets close enough to smell the alcohol and smoke in her breath.

"Why don't we just get you some drink sweetheart." She winks at me and grabs my hand and pulls me to the bar.

I can't seem to talk to her, mostly because it's loud in here and I'm holding my breath because I'm not to fond of hers.

I feel glass in my hands. It's a shot of vodka I'm guessing.

After about ten my vision starts to blur.

I pull her lips onto mine and she wraps her fingers in my hair. This is not me, I can't even feel it. I can't even control it.

One more hard kiss.

The world faded to black.

~~end of flashback~~

I rub my eyes. That girl was pretty wild.  Maybe she was that drunken mistake. Her name was Rosalina?

"Phil are you okay?" Dan ask me and wraps arms around me.

"Oh, yes just a bad memory. Maybe we should go to the police station?"

"Dad, we can't just give her away can we? She is your daughter." Daisy looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"We are love. We just need to sign papers and it's all okay."

"I guess we have Katie Howell-Lester as our new addition." Dan looks at me and kisses me.

Small laughs are heard.

"Eww!" Katie looks up at us and smiles.

She has my smile.

My family is my life.

~~ skip to night time~~

*Dan POV*
"Daisy, we need to talk to you about something."

Our daughter looks at us," what is it?"

"Dan and I have decided to take you out of public school and put you in online schooling."

"Really? Thank you so much dads!" She comes up to us and hugs us and I kiss her on top of her head.

I hear a small whimper, I let go of Daisy and look down to see small Katie who woke up.

Phil picked her up and kissed her cheek and she laid her head on his shoulder and put her arms around his neck.

Until we set up a room for her she's sharing a bed with Delilah.

Mine and Phil's wedding is next week.

Maybe Katie will be the flower girl?

I'll figure it out. My family is absolutely perfect.

2 daughters and a handsome fiancé.

We will have a happily ever after like the fairytales. Wow how cliché Dan.