§» prologue

It all started during their first year.

Cassidy Elizabeth Ainsworth had always been such an stubborn a**, and far away from being a calm girl. Gryffindor for life, but as intelligent as a Ravenclaw, as kind as a Hufflepuff.

James Sirius Potter had always been the prankster, along with Fred Weasley II. He was the definition of Gryffindor, thank you very much.

Mason Jones? Also from Gryffindor. Could be a Hufflepuff as well. Greatest flaw? Always complaining a lot about things. Ezequiel Harris was really different, in fact. Hufflepuff, could be from Ravenclaw. They were as different as Charles Arjes was from John Pemberton. Both from Hufflepuff, yet very different.

  Now, Marlee Blake and Avery Ashryver had other kind of friendship. Marlee got sorted into Hufflepuff. Avery? Proud Ravenclaw. Couldn't have been sorted better. Both were Cassidy's friends, best friends.

And there was also Roxanne Weasley, Fred's twin. Gryffindor, prankster, redhead and proud. Not a threat, unless you did something to her.

  Mason was friends with both Cassidy and James, with Ezequiel too. Even after that, Cassidy didn't usually speak with the Potter boy. She was friends with Ezequiel on the other hand... Nothing quite special.

  They (Cassidy and James) were very similar, but never realized that. At least, until that day.

  Since the year they went to Hogwarts, something was going on. Someone was pranking in secret, and thing is, it wasn't James and Fred. They were both famous for their pranks, they never hid what they did. But... Cassidy did. No one knew it was her. Until that day... the day James saw it. That day, during their first year. He saw her. He took off his invisibility cloak, and then, she saw him. She made him promise not to tell anyone, and both went together to their common room.

The Potter and the Ainsworth always shot glares at each other in the hallways, sometimes they even said "hi" or "hello". They usually really talked three or four times a year, not counting when they had to do group projects or just greetings. It was always like that.

It was August 30th, 2019, and all of the above were going to start their fifth year at Hogwarts. Cassidy, as many others, thought it would be just another boring year. But of course, they didn't know what was yet to come.