§» five

Just wanted to thank y'all for 100 reads:) let's start!

"Mason, you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, Charles." He whispered, catching Casey's attention.

Professor Binns kept talking about a random subject while most of his students were either talking, reading books, sleeping, drawing, or doing something else. There were about three people actually paying attention to his lesson.

"This class is boring, at least we have it with you guys from Hufflepuff." Cassidy heard James tell John Pemberton, who had just given that bet's money to Madelaine.

Casey kept paying attention at Mason and Charles' conversation. She was at the fourth row, while the boys were at the fifth (and last) row of chairs and tables.

"Have you heard about the weirdest thing?" Charles asked Mason.

"It depends. Which one of the weird things?"

Charles looked around and lowered his voice. "A bet. Between some guys, I don't exactly know who they are. About Cass..."

Mason widened his eyes.

"About Casey?!"

Enough. She quickly grabbed her wand from her left pocket and said, putting effort into making the spell work.

"Muffliato." She looked around and turned, facing both of the boys. Then, she grabbed Charles' arm and slapped it, making it hurt a lot and it become red.

"Ouch! Why did you do that?"

"You didn't tell me! Does the whole school already knows about it?"

"Not the whole school, but some people do-"

"People? Who?"

  "You look so paranoiac about that! Why don't you calm down a bit?"

  "I would look paranoiac too if someone made a bet that involved me," Mason stated. "You do have a reason to be."

  "Thanks Mason, at least someone understands me," Casey rolled her eyes. "Anyway, continue Charles."

  He looked around and leaned his head towards them as soon as he noticed that the spell's effect was gone.

  "What was that spell?"

"Muffliato. Makes some undetectable buzzing noise in people's ears, so they won't listen to us."

"Oh."

"Hello there! What are you talking about?" Roxanne Weasley walked across the back of the classroom, grabbed a chair and then sat down by Casey's side.

"The bet," She replied. "But of course you knew that.

"Indeed I knew, I was the one who asked James to politely offer his help to you."

"What do you mean by politely?" Mason asked, making Roxanne stare at him irritated. "I mean, it's James that we are talking about. He could have done anything."

"He's my cousin, Mason. I know how he told her." She looked at Cassidy.

"And he's my friend, Roxanne. I know how he is, I don't know if he flirted with her or..."

"Enough. Anyway, we decided to do something. By we I refer to me and James. And it would be better if you two got out of it."

"Are you serious?" Mason asked. "Cassidy, we are here to help you. Why don't you want our help?"