§» ten

"Someone help me!" Mason screamed, running into the Hospital Wing. He looked around nervously, as he saw there were too many people there looking at... Tedros. 

  "DIDN'T YOU LISTEN TO ME? SHE WAS THERE TOO! SHE SAVED HIM! AND YOU DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT CASEY! I SWEAR THAT IF YOU DON'T—"

"Mister Jones, if you don't calm down I'm afraid I'll have to prohibit you from being here." Madam Pomfrey said.

"But they don't even—"

"Now, thank you for bringing Miss Ainsworth here. Try to get some rest." She said after Casey was already lying unconsciously in a bed.

"You expect me to rest? My friends are here! Casey is here! Tedros is here! I don't even know if they are going to be okay and—"

  "Mason, calm down! Calm down, okay?!" Marlee said, now in front of him. "Being nervous and freaking out isn't going to help them! Just try to calm down, breathe, inhale, exhale, do this, will you? Let the rest to Madam Pomfrey."

  "How can I rest, Marlee?" He said, in the verge of tears. "How can I? How are you that calm, when they are not okay?"

  "The worst thing that can happen is that they go to St. Mungos. They will be fine, Mase. Trust me."

  "How can you stay calm? We feel the same for them, you feels for Tedros are like my feelings to Casey," He lowered his voice. "How are you managing to stay calm?"

  She sighed. "Right now I'm hoping that they'll be fine."

  "You chose to believe they will be fine," He corrected her. "What should I do?"

  She hesitated. "Choose to believe they will be fine."

  He forced something similar to a smile, worried sick. Marlee hugged him, so he started crying on her shoulder. Mason tried to pretend he wasn't, of course, but he failed; he let himself be washed by his worries.

  "I'm sorry, I don't know what happened for me to be like that." He wiped away his tears.

  "That's okay, Mase. Really is. Guess we can do nothing but wait."

"Specially now that Pomfrey is making everyone get out of here,"Mason looked down as they saw everyone going out, yet Professor McGonagall approached them and asked if they could go to her office to explain what happened. Marlee and Mason agreed to do so, but Madam Pomfrey interfered.

  "Do it here. I need to know what happened with Miss Ainsworth and Mister Fitzroy in order to treat them."

Marlee and Mason, then, told them everything they knew. Except from Mason and Casey's kiss, of course. He thought it would be better if he kept that to himself.

«»

Cassidy Elizabeth Ainsworth didn't know where she was or what happened. All she knew was that she was laying down... in a hospital bed.

  Hospital Wing? But why...?

  She tried to remember everything that happened before she got there. The hooded figure... the lake... Mason... oh.

  Why was that the last thing she could remember about? And what he said...

No, it wasn't time for her to worry about that. She should worry about when she got there and how. And for how long she had been there as well.