§» two

The "Let's be friends" thing didn't last a week.

  Sure, that day in Diagon Alley was amazing, they talked a lot and all, but as soon as they stepped at Hogwarts grounds, everything turned to what it usually was. Actually no, nothing could turn into what it was before.

  August 31st; both had to finish buying their materials for their fifth year. Cassidy also helped her brother, Connor, to buy his stuff, it was his (and Lily Luna Potter's) first year at Hogwarts.

  At September first, things were a little bit different.

  Cassidy entered the Hogwarts' Express with her brother, but both split up right after the train started moving. She entered a compartment were a couple of her friends were.

  "Hi Casey!" Avery Ashryver said, smiling.

  "Hi Avery. Hello Marlee." Casey smiled, and sat down next to Avery. They started talking excitedly, until they got to a deeper point of the conversation.

  "What did you do this week?" She asked.

  "I basically bought everything school asked for me and my brother."

  "Have you heard that Fred and Roxanne Weasley's dad launched some different kind of... prank thing?"

  "Yes Marlee, it would be weird if I didn't know."

  I shouldn't have said that.

  "Why?" Avery asked her, excitedly. She rose an eyebrow.

  "Because... James showed me the whole joke shop and gave me this" Cassidy grabbed a little box from her pocket; Weasley's Wizard Wheezes just released product.

  Marlee's eyes sparkled. "He's sooo into you!"

  "I disagree," Avery scoffed. "He was just being nice to you. Making sure you'd continue on the Quidditch team. I may be from Ravenclaw, and I shouldn't be telling you that, but hell Casey, everyone admits you're a really good seeker. Even Mike Basch doesn't like playing Quidditch against Gryffindor."

  "That's not true. He wouldn't do that for anyone for free just because he wanted someone to be on his team."

  "I support Avery's thoughts. We may have won the Quidditch cup last year, but we already lost a semifinal because I was two meters away from Slytherin's seeker when he captured it, and the only Gryffindors left on the field were me and James. I'm a bad Quidditch player."

  "No, you're not!" Both of her friends yelled.

  "Yes, I am!"

  Suddenly, both Avery and Marlee went silent and started to blush. Casey looked to the compartment's door, only to see James Potter entering the compartment.

  "Hey, girls." James said, sitting between Marlee and Avery and wrapping his arms around their shoulders. "What happened?"

  "Your seeker is being stupid, Potter. She claims that she doesn't play Quidditch well."

  "But you made us win the cup last year!"

  "And the year before that I made us lose the cup!"

  "No, you didn't. We were the only ones left in field, it was almost impossible for us to win like that."

  Cassidy started shaking her head, from one side to another.

  "You know girls," James said. "Your friend is really pretty. Actually, you are all really pretty." He took his arm from Marlee's shoulder and caressed Avery's right cheek.