(massively important) writer's entry.

[IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ.]

Hey, guys! How are you doing?

It's been too long, wow. Almost an entire year! I'm mind-blown, really. It feels like yesterday I was sitting down on my bed in Brazil, writing a new Colors chapter to be uploaded so you guys could read it.

I feel like I should start this chapter (though it's not really a chapter, face it as an author's note except I didn't want to call it that way) by apologizing. I mean, this book hit 13K reads recently and I wasn't even here to celebrate it! It sucks not to have time to get into this app/website, sit down and write a freaking chapter, but hey, I have my reasons.

I started High School in Brazil on February (school system is different, year goes from Feb to Nov/Dec). Went to 10th grade! I studied a lot during the first few months of the year, so I could get high grades to (possibly) get into my dream school in another country. I made it!

We moved to Portugal on September 2nd, so yes, my Back to Hogwarts really meant a new beginning for me and my family. My dad is Portuguese, which means I could only apply to European Universities if I was graded on the Portuguese system, thus I'd have to take High School here. All things considered, after an extremely thoughtful process we exchanged that big, tropical country to Europe's defined seasons — and my experience has been fantastic so far. I'm enjoying every piece of it!

That implies, though, that I must take up my time with first-requirement stuff. I haven't had time to write in a long, long time. I was actually re-reading a few of Colors oldest chapters and I just feel like they are REALLY cringeworthy, if you know what I mean. I guess that's what happens whenever we look back to things that were written by ourselves a couple of years ago. I'm technically the age James is in this book — because I would be in his grade, and this book's storyline dates to 2019 after all — and I honestly don't know what to do. I would love to finish this fanfiction because it was — and still is — a huge part of me and how much I've grown over the years, but I'm afraid to just end it in a rush or give it a crappy ending. I know how I want this to end, since it's something I stablished on the very beginning of the writing process of this book, but I'm not sure how the in-between will go. I love certain characters, just regret Mason's face claim choice overall. I'm also debating whether I should start a new fanfiction instead of finishing Colors— even though it would break my heart to do so and it would take me a while to come up with an actually elaborated idea — or if I should just face it and end this!

I'm so, SO indecisive about this, truly have no idea what to do. I want to make sure I make the right choice, because even though I love this storyline quite a lot I'm not sure if I developed it in the way I should've. I don't even know if I have that many active readers anymore, but I'm putting this very honest rant up hoping that at least five people will see it and help me decide what to do. Do you think I should keep writing Colors or simply start writing a new book?

Just wanted to thank you all for the enormous support and for never giving up on me. I love you all (3000)!

much love,
             — carina ❤️