§» fifteen

PLEASE READ;

This is one of those really important chapters where you gotta read the previous one to understand it, so because of the huge cliffhanger in the end of the last part I'd recommend you to at least take a look at the last paragraph from chapter 14 if you don't remember what happened.
I'm also terribly sorry for taking almost two months to update, but I had to sort out my ideas for this story — taking into account that this is a extremely important chapter — and I got to the point where I didn't know what to exactly write and how to do it; I was scared to screw it up. Anyway, enjoy.

Where am I was the first thing that came into Casey's mind after she regained consciousness, with the addition of a few swear words, of course.

"What the..." She tried to say, pain suddenly being felt. She must've hit her head somewhere and passed out. Casey looked around. Damn, that place was dark. It wasn't like where she was before, full of barrels and paintings next to the castle's kitchen. She didn't ask if there was anyone there; that strategy, overused in films, usually led to a disastrous ending. Yet, she knew that something was there, probably hiding from her.

She rolled her eyes. "Uh, sorry to interrupt your staring-at-me time, but I know you are here," She said, as soon as she noticed that her wrists were chained up to the walls. "Plus, I know it was most likely you who put me in here, and if you don't mind I want to know why."

"I'm afraid I cannot tell you why you are here. And yes, it was me," The voice said with its husky, low-pitched tone. It sounded very familiar to Casey's ears, yet she couldn't put a finger on it, on who was the owner of the so familiar voice. "Cassidy Elizabeth Ainsworth. You look quite confused."

"I'm almost sure you would be confused too if you passed out and woke up in a completely different place. Oh, and it's Casey to you. Where am I?"

"At the dungeons. Don't know who I am, do you?"

"You sound rather familiar, I must admit. Did you put a spell on your voice or something?"

The person who hid their self in the shadows scoffed. "Do you really think that I would tell you such information?"

"Yeah, I do. And fine, sorry for intruding," She rolled her eyes. "Come closer. Now. I want to see you."

  "Good luck with that. I will come to the light, but... if I were you I wouldn't try too hard to see me."

  "I'm sorry, but you're not me. Therefore, you can't tell me what to do. Why are you waiting to come forward, anyway?" Casey said, impatiently.

  The mysterious person did come forward, but in a way Casey found quite unlikeable. A part of her was surprised, the other was rather disappointed. The person — a male, Casey could notice by their body shape — was, just like the time Tedros was thrown in the lake, wearing a Hood. It was the hooded figure.

"And you strike again. Don't you realize it's getting a bit cliché? I mean, you try to hurt me, and you fail, so you go for Tedros and you fail again on killing him! So, you decide to make another appearance, 'the hooded figure that hides beneath the shadows' or however the fuck you like being called, hitting me in the head with — what was that? A pan? We were next to the kitchen, at least I was next to it, so it's plausible. Oh, and then I show up at the dungeons. Isn't this cliché enough to you? Sounds pretty much to me."