§» fourteen

"So what do you suggest?" Casey asked. "What's the plan? What is your so-called 'perfect' plan, James?"

  "Oh darling, all I've got to say is to never underestimate me."

"Okay, so what are we going to do? Just hope the professors and the headmaster won't find out you pranked the Slytherins once again?"

"They won't find out. Did you forget that I am James Sirius Potter, Casey?" He said getting down, grabbing a bag with something that she couldn't identify inside it.

"No, but that's not an actual excuse. You can be suspended. Or expelled."

"I won't be expelled."

"Says who?" She asked.

"Says common sense!" James scoffed.

"No, says you. Come on James, you and Fred have been pranking everyone at school since year one, and suddenly you decide to give it a break and give the chance of pranking to starters? Does that even sound like something you would do? Everyone already knows you guys are always behind the pranks in this castle, and just because Peeves actually like this generation's duo and does not turn you in doesn't mean the school council is blind or anything like that. You've pranked in year four, you will be opening this year's pranking season today, and we all know that you will also keep your full-time — and full-mind — prankster job in year six and seven. You may be starting the chaos later than expected, but everyone is waiting for an attack now. Everyone know it's coming."

"You make it sound like it is a war sentence."

"Because it feels like one, for some of us!" She nearly yelled at his face.

"That's weird. For what I can recall, you were the one who pranked a while ago! In the anonymity, it's true, but you still did."

"It's different. I did not prank in order to cause havoc."

"It is not different, Cassidy. We, we both like a laugh, admit it!" He grinned, folding his arms. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering by telling you how it is, or how it was."

  "I really don't want to help you, James. Yet, I'm here, standing in front of you, not having any idea of what you are going to do. So, are you going to finally tell me what you are up to or what?"

  "Aye! We got the message you sent through your brother. What do you want, Casey?" Ezequiel Harris and Mason Jones approached James and Casey. They had apparently ran through half of the castle, since they were nearly out of breath.

  "I didn't send any message through my brother!"

  "You didn't, I did. I need an alibi, and so do you," James, who had turned to get something, got close to the group once again. He kept grinning, act that annoyed Casey quite a lot. Mason just looked at him with a frown.

  "My brother? Giving out your stupid messages? So, is Connor a Potter now and I wasn't notified about this? Last time I checked his surname was Ainsworth, and didn't do favors for you."

  "Oh calm down Casey, will you? And not yet, although I'd rather have him in my family than any other boy in his grade. He's the only one of my sister's classmates who I can actually stand and who I like. Don't worry, I won't drag him into this. I'm taking precautions."

  "Are we talking about who's Lily Luna into now?" Ezequiel whispered to Mason, who pretended not to hear what he said.

  "Okay then, I'll get to this later. And what about this alibi you mentioned?"